Six-Cylinder Entertains – Virtual Roffle of my Maserati BiTurbo - Winner 7 Chancer

Six-cylinder

9 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Only 190bhp?  Seriously?  Feels like a hell of a lot more, especially given the size and weight of the thing.

Must be a pretty small club being a carb fed engine paired with a turbo... can't immediately think of another off the top of my head.

MG Metro?

I'd love a Maserati, of this era preferably. Put me down for 19 please. 

Virtual thread of imagined fettling will immediately following my winning this. 

52 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Only 190bhp?  Seriously?  Feels like a hell of a lot more, especially given the size and weight of the thing.

Must be a pretty small club being a carb fed engine paired with a turbo... can't immediately think of another off the top of my head.

Renault 5 / 9 / 11 Turbo were carb'd.  Maserati is the only one I'm aware of that pairs two turbos with a carb though.

I'd love to enter this but my virtual garage is full and nowhere to put it. The virtual stable already has my old mk3 mr2, audi rs6 and Nissan gtr. 

Plus it's too far away and I want an estate for the dog.

May as well give my virtual ticket to @reb

Good luck with the roffle. 

Brilliant idea.

I'd virtually offer my Agila but would still have tickets left next year.

6 minutes ago, Agila said:

I'd love to enter this but my virtual garage is full and nowhere to put it. The virtual stable already has my old mk3 mr2, audi rs6 and Nissan gtr. 

Plus it's too far away and I want an estate for the dog.

May as well give my virtual ticket to @reb

Good luck with the roffle. 

Brilliant idea.

I'd offer my Agila but would still have tickets left next year.

reb now has 30

9 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

8 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Renault 5 / 9 / 11 Turbo were carb'd.  Maserati is the only one I'm aware of that pairs two turbos with a carb though.

Many of the cars in the early/mid 80s turbo vogue were carburetted - the Renault installations Wuv mentioned plus their daddy, the R18; the Lotus Esprit; the Bentley Mulsanne; the MG Metro. The MG Montego and (eventually) Maestro had EFi in normally aspirated form but a carburettor with a turbocharger.

I can’t think of another carb’d twin turbo either though.  The Maserati was the first production car to have two turbos, I believe, and I can’t think of another offhand until the era of catalysts and ubiquitous fuel injection.

10 hours ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

Finally a roffle i would love to win, the pleasure of a near 3000 mile round trip colkection thread to repatriate a beauty to its home land, even if the final 6 kms up my hill would certainly kill it.

Lucky for me it really is 9nly virtual......

To continue the spirit of this great thread idea by @Six-cylinder perhaps the winning bidder could post a virtual collection thread.
I’d love to read a @Jim Bell one. One random one for him please.

Nah, much safer.

The pressure blows all of the leaks and drips into the engine for burning in the correct place.

Probably.

Anyway, when I virtually win this car, I will virtually do this to it. 

image.jpeg.e2a26ccb0ceb44dad887695761d092f2.jpeg

http://classicvehicleslist.com/maserati/461413-1985-maserati-biturbo-electric-conversion.html