My Triumph Acclaim Avon Turbo!

GrahamR

On 4/4/2020 at 10:12 AM, GrahamR said:

Yes, 13" Kiwi Lineas. I've found a set. Just waiting on delivery. It was first registered in Norwich (Harry R. Fisk Ltd). Still retains the original number plates and rear window sticker.

89695162_807351569771940_7838355318525394944_o.jpg

Info on Fisk's garage.

http://vitessesteve.blogspot.com/2016/04/harry-r-fisk-and-kitchen-bros-triumph.html?m=1

Harry R. Fisk Ltd, Stoke Holy Cross Austin Rover dealer sticker

The archive from Fisk's Garage is now in the local record office - which is probably based in Norwich. Give them a call they may have records relating to the sale of the car.

5 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Info on Fisk's garage.

http://vitessesteve.blogspot.com/2016/04/harry-r-fisk-and-kitchen-bros-triumph.html?m=1

Harry R. Fisk Ltd, Stoke Holy Cross Austin Rover dealer sticker

The archive from Fisk's Garage is now in the local record office - which is probably based in Norwich. Give them a call they may have records relating to the sale of the car.

I have a fairly comprehensive history file. There was only a father and then his son that owned it before me.

I wonder what the difference is between those carbs and the ordinary ones? I reckon those will be the trickiest bit of getting this lot running again. If the turbo spins over smoothly its good to go. S'pose you ought to check the actuator is OK too and that it opnes at roughly the right pressure, but even if it doesnt thats easily fixed.

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2020 at 10:12 AM, GrahamR said:

Yes, 13" Kiwi Lineas. I've found a set. Just waiting on delivery. It was first registered in Norwich (Harry R. Fisk Ltd). Still retains the original number plates and rear window sticker.

89695162_807351569771940_7838355318525394944_o.jpg

Harry R Fisk was the BL dealer in Stoke Holy Cross just outside Norwich. 

Sadly it's gone to be replaced by a few houses. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just realised that @GrahamR or his brother live near me.  I have had a chat with them once or twice when I have seen them working on various cars - they have some cool stuff - various 300ZX and a V8 cortina.

If I see them about I will say we're asking about the Acclaim.

• 3 months later...

I had a (non-Avon) Acclaim, it was my 2nd car. In Oporto Red. 

All you L/HL/HLS peasants - OUT OF MY WAY! Mine was a CD. Headlamp squirters, electric windows, deep-pile* velour, digital clock... The list is endless*.

The Honda bits were good. But it was a bit under-radiatored and kettled itself a couple of times. I do hope Avon upped the rad size a bit for the snail-equipped version.

Brakes were crap, but so was everything else from 1984. It wasn't very good round the corners but then it came after a Mini.

Most of all I remember it being about 7/8ths scale of Real Car. It was pretty tiny inside. Somehow four of us and camping gear went to Glasto in it once; the bootlid was held shut with a bungee cord.