Rover 75 Colour TV

Heinzy

9 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Interesting to see those price lists.  I have the original bill of sale for mine - total price was £28,185.01.  

I agree, the only price lists I've studied previously relate to my '87 944. Mine would have had a base price of £24k, but the options push it up to £36k which was madness 33 years ago!

£1450 for the low line system! From what I've seen of it it operated via the symphony head unit, and looks very crude by today's standards. As i saw written on the MGR forum, you'd probably have got much better with a £99 tomtom.

Still, a cool toy to have, I love random things like this. I was one of the few people that paid the trafficmaster fee on my old Vectra B (it was only 20 quid for the year) and revelled in its not-very-good-ness.

Had i been speccing a new 75, I'd have gone with the drivers intelligence pack, cruise and power fold mirrors as my options, with an eye on a sunroof and headlamp wash if there was a deal to be done.

lowlinenav.jpg

Interesting seeing those brochures.  Mine came with heritage paint and an electric sunroof in May 2000, aside from that a bog standard Connie with no SE,   No IPK,  lowline and highline TV's

It does have black leather, was that standard on all conns?   I really need to get myself a copy of the 1999 release brochures,  I did have some but mislaid them years ago.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:07 PM, wuvvum said:

Good job mine isn't the Lowline system then - my IPK screen is pretty much knackered!

Interesting to see those price lists.  I have the original bill of sale for mine - total price was £28,185.01.  Curiously that includes £127.66 for power folding door mirrors which the car doesn't have.

Could it be just that at some point the electric windows/mirrors switch pack has been replaced with one that doesnt have the power fold button? I'd be whipping it out to see if the powerfold wiring is there.

Its funny that the powerfold setup sells for more second hand on ebay these days than it cost new to have it supplied and installed by Rover