Project Maybe not so Lovely Astra

purplebargeken

3 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Wiper motor out, 

How do I get the headlights out, done top bolts, is there a hidden one somewhere, asap please, its raining ?

Apologies, I was away from my phone. 

Thanks for nabbing the wiper motor

The headlights are a pain, there is a bolt underneath on a tab, usually the tabs break off anyway.

Go for it Mr Womble.

Put the new plates on the car a few minutes ago. Looks bloody good. 

This is such a lovely car. Am very impressed. Just that bloody front bumper that spoils it really. It's scratched, which wouldn't be an issue but it's also damaged as well which is the pisser.

1 hour ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Why do Facebookers never get the transmission selection right, most Automatics turn out to be manuals?

I think it's the default setting like km's instead of mileage, it was a pain when I was looking specifically for an auto ?

Ken - That is a lovely Astra.  I really, really do like them. I drove my cousins and loved it. I'm hoping that my newly re-discovered buying and selling career will see me buy one soon.

Also, I'd probably nab the wheel trims from @mitsisigma01 that he is offering, they are the originals.  Though I have always been impressed with aftermarket copies.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:54 AM, jumpingjehovahs said:

I got my plates from ProPlates. They didn’t want any documentation sending over and the plates include the BSAU mark at the bottom.

Bonus was, because I’m an absolute bore, I could have it say Toyota at the bottom. Think they were £27 pound a pair delivered. As a Brucie Bonus there was a couple of tiny little air bubbles on the rear plate so they sent me that and a perfect one, so I got a plate for my cycle rack too.

c166de5e54948231d783b58eaaea0405.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my wife was on reception at the CAB they had a bloke, who they were advising, who had been selling plates in his spare time, and failed to follow the exact letter of the law.  

He ended up with a criminal record.  And loosing his proper job and being evicted and becoming homeless.  At that point he comes to the CAB when its too late.

I suspect that he also did show plates and maybe a competitor dobbed him in.  

There are reasons why it's the law to require documents and it revolves around cloning. 

Also the kite mark and BSi marking and postcode very important if you are selling. 

Not that it matters so much if you are buying a standard plate.  But you don't want to have a roadside discussion with a bored plod one day. 

The new pedal rubbers have arrived. I know, I know, a bit 'overkill' but hey, they were worn on one edge!

Just waiting for the industrial thread to arrive so I can sort the steering wheel out then that should be the interior fully sorted and looking rather ace.

• 2 weeks later...
Go for it Mr Womble.

Missed the one in Blackpool which was a shame as it was a much nicer looking car than the one I actually bought ( though £100 cheaper and with a longer MOT)

736243909_s-l1600(3).thumb.jpg.8209d128bffb9e928ce03600b81ea6d0.jpg

I am channeling my inner Boy Racer and have spent £20 on a spoiler which will get sprayed up and bolted on when time permits...

Im after binning the wheels for some alloys so will have a set of trims if you want some spare ones.

94779302_1439715179550048_1976391693028556800_o.thumb.jpg.f5ed78f769bdb51865fd746f2367ad16.jpg

Already got the blanking plug for the rear wiper delete....

And nailed it on in Saturday...

Will come off for painting again tomorrow

Matt Black....

26a8926af27819bb48695586542cfb6a.jpg

Industrial thread arrived, it's as slippery as fuck and resulted in me wanting to burn it.

Slip on cover bought and now fitted = happy.

Pedal rubbers softened in boiling water and fitted = happy.

Lone key pulled apart in a broken manner last night, unknowingly ejecting the small black transponder into the ether.  Can I find it.

Nope. Car immobilised 3 roads away 'cos London parking. Call to company doing this sort of thing..... £95 and to be fitted on Friday morning. Hey ho = sad.

Tomorrow is Renner time for the commute to work = happy.

Nope. Car immobilised 3 roads away 'cos London parking. Call to company doing this sort of thing..... £95 and to be fitted on Friday morning.

Oh no... What a...
8ae40b0b79e28111ce6fa50039f0535b.jpg

Sorry....

Do they do an immobiliser bypass?

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

On 4/10/2020 at 10:23 PM, purplebargeken said:

If anyone has knowledge of a good front bumper in this colour please let me know.

Silver Lightening is the colour.

Thanks

After the lockdown, nip it up to @paulplom he has mastered the 'Small Merdium Area Repair Technique' and will blow that bumper giffer guff in, you won't notice.

On 4/11/2020 at 8:31 PM, Andyrew said:

It's seems finding an undamaged bumper for these things is difficult , they all seem to have the corners bashed and when they are mint the breaker always seems to lay them face down on a concrete floor.

I Ended up doing a quick rattle can on mine. They are a good bumper to lose a blend on tho, and if it gets bashed again (it already has been the other side) It's no big loss. 

Screenshot_20200411-202618.jpg.711061a855c288555861eaf14397c959.jpg

Screenshot_20200411-202409.jpg.ecc14175484a6909f774fd4bd37e77c7.jpg

Paint the towing eye cover when it's on the bumper tho!

Nice Job @Andyrew what  brand paint did you use ?

Car key guy came over today and sorted out the transponder for the original fob, provided a new solid key with a transponder as a spare and fixed the remote central locking on the original fob. 

£120 all in but that's how it is.

Happy having working central locking and a functioning spare key.