Citroen BX Diesel Estate - Do we want it?

DoctorRetro

3 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

It will need to be properly insured. There would be a monumental and spectacular fall out if it got stolen or torched. You’ve then got 13 people all out of pocket, pissed off and or disappointed and me feeling responsible.

Also, whilst it’s good to see people showing an interest in tickets - it’s absolutely pointless people saying “3 here LOL” or even trying to barter on the price. Nobody knows what lies in store here. 

Sorry if it sounds preachy but I’m happy to show you the t-shirt if that helps! 

OK, we'll hang fire until we get an offer of insurance, as I don't have the ability to sort that bit, as I only have one policy, and I do a 'one in one out' with mine. 

Does it not need to be insured by the registered keeper?

I’m not throwing obstacles in the way - but this is why I “took on” the Sierra. It was insured by me, kept at my address and the v5 was in my name. It was, and still is, pretty much the only way. 

Take some money from the donations pot to insure it. 

Here's my two pence worth.

1. As per @BorniteIdentity comment, roffle tickets cannot be considered at this point. We have no idea how much the car will owe the shared owners, so this thread should be about saving the car only.

2. Insurance will need to be arranged by whoever becomes registered keeper.

3. To reduce chance of having to make a claim and potentially screwing someone's insurance history, car needs to be kept safely off road.

4. The current owner needs to be on board with selling a car to (potentially), someone other than the person collecting.

5. If lockdown continues, the final bill could be higher than currently anticipated, as whoever tax and insures it will need their money back.

6. Any participant in ownership group needs to understand that this is a bit of a gamble, due to the number of variables. So don't invest if you cant afford to lose it.

Don't mean to sound negative. I'm up for saving it. Would even consider sorting the insurance and tax.

We need @TheDoctor to speak to the seller first, before we all get carried away.

23 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Group save - put money in, car is bought and stored. Roffle is run, and once all money is in, you get your share back, and a warm fuzzy feeling that another crazy car has made its way onto the Autoshite roffle merry-go-round. 

Thanks. And I hope your family shiz sorts itself out. 

If the price is £400 and the car can be kept off the road then it doesn't need to be taxed or insured, shirley? And therefore the total price is going to be £400 (+minor collection fees, possibly day insurance at £30 or whatever, one month's tax to get it home at £22), say £470 absolute maximum. Based on that, just set up the roffle now and let the rofflers pay for it - if for whatever reason things don't pan out, the rofflers can be refunded at no cost to anyone. £8 a pop will cover it.

1 hour ago, Cookiesouwest said:

Have you agreed price with seller and explained it's an odd purchase? Seller ok with that?

Not tried negotiating, he said 400.

He knows someone else will be making contact and has said its OK to pass his number on. 

Screenshot_20200330_190317_com.google.android_apps.messaging.thumb.jpg.e9becd9d85be87956671f5bf6b89b5c2.jpg

Just now, BorniteIdentity said:

I thought the idea was to put it right before selling it on? Certainly that was my understanding, hence talking about longer term costs. 

What is quite plain is that something that should be really simple has already become unnecessarily complicated. 

Nothing needed from what I'm aware. It's MOT'd and in decent working order. 

Shouldn't need long term storage, but it's the current situation that means a local halfway house may be needed. 

It seems like a load of old faff to me. I love a BX TD wagon but I think if somebody wants it they should just pay the £400 and have it. tbh if it's gonna cost loads of money to put through another test in December (assuming the June + six months thing is still in place then) then it's simply not worth the hassle of a group purchase, at least not without somebody going there and thoroughly examining the thing first. I reckon as a general rule car buying is about a million times more complicated than normal at the moment due to all the travel restrictions and bollocks, you're better off waiting for this shiz to blow over and buying it cheaper as a non-MoT'd runner in a few months time. Or, this thing will never blow over and the idea of buying old cars for pleasure will no longer considered necessary for human survival when we're all bbq-ing our pets just to have something to eat etc

It was only an idea to offer the car to the Autoshite collective, being as I had a second chance to buy it, and I couldn't, as I'd just bought a car. If I had the money, I'd figure out some way of getting it, and I'd have two ropey old XUD powered estates outside,as this was the car I originally wanted. Unless someone wants a 208,000 mile Rover? ?

If it's not a good idea, then forget it, no worries. 

I've done my bit, if someone wants to take over, drop me a line and I'll pass the bloke's number on. My offer to put money towards it still stands, but I've got too much shit going on to worry any more about this. 

@BorniteIdentity, your name was only mentioned due to location, if you don't want to get involved, you shouldn't feel pressured into doing so. 

23 minutes ago, Jimbob McGregor said:

Just an observation, I’ve had a look at this thread and checked the reg on TotalCarCheck.

It says it’s a BX19 TXD, not a turbo. Does that change anything for anyone?.

Oops, my bad.

Makes it more desirable to me, but then I'm weird

If anyone gets it and wants to swap for a Turbo diesel Rover with 12 months MOT, let me know! ?

But I think the group idea has fizzled out. It's just a bad time to be doing this sort of thing.