Citroen BX Diesel Estate - Do we want it?

DoctorRetro

I’m guessing the person collecting and looking after it will need to be prepared to be the registered keeper as well?

I've gotta to turn my phone off now and go lie down - got an infected tooth which is going nuts and on an early shift tomorrow. Please don’t take my silence for the rest of this evening as me not wishing to take part. 

Ah sod it I'll stump up 50 towards a group save if it's going to be raffled. Sorting out my room of doom full of Citroen parts today I found a set of storage guards for an estate that fit above the rear arches. A solid bx estate has been on my want list for ages.

I'm happy to put money in  which management needn't know about, winning a roffle for a BX would not go down well. It's nowhere near what she has thoughts of in her view that I should get a new(er) car. I'd have a BX again like a shot, previous 19 na diesel and a 4x4

Just thinking aloud; we should be cautious about specifying a roffle ticket price.  The Visa had a few costs (like tax and essential repairs) which were covered by a slightly higher ticket price.  And the winner took some cash home too I believe.

That said, I don't think anything less than a tenner will put folk off, especially if they have a while to sort it out

5 hours ago, egg said:

Sorry can't chip in this time. Unemployed from Weds! 

Would you PM it dude? You did a marvelous job last time.

As above I'll happily coordinate ££ either to the Doc to pay PayPal or if @BorniteIdentitywere collecting and cash was king, whatever works.  

I would have a couple or three tickets for this, and deffo would collect espically if it's not far from Luton Airport. Theres always cheap flights to Luton from either Aberdeen or Inverness if it is not too far from there. I could also chip in with the purchase price if needed.

I could also do the insurance and tax thing, as I have trade insurance, although as per usual my location maybe ain't the best for being the registered keeper of a car 600 miles distant!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Right, still no word from BX Man, will keep you all posted.

I've updated the original post with who has expressed interest in what. Let me know if I've mentioned you out of turn or missed you.

In summary, 13 offers of purchase support, and 18 roffle requests, most more than one ticket. And offers of collection and storage too. This place eh?

I can sort the tax, keeper and perhaps a day insure policy.

As soon as we hear from BX Man, we can move forward.

It will need to be properly insured. There would be a monumental and spectacular fall out if it got stolen or torched. You’ve then got 13 people all out of pocket, pissed off and or disappointed and me feeling responsible.

Also, whilst it’s good to see people showing an interest in tickets - it’s absolutely pointless people saying “3 here LOL” or even trying to barter on the price. Nobody knows what lies in store here. 

Sorry if it sounds preachy but I’m happy to show you the t-shirt if that helps!