Citroen BX Diesel Estate - Do we want it?

DoctorRetro

Right, if there's enough interest, then maybe we could do this, but no worries if not. 

I messaged the seller of this Citroen BX, in case the winning bidder didn't follow through. That was before this lockdown and my purchasing the Rover. He's only just come back now, and of course, the winning bidder has vanished. 

Cost - £400.

Located - St Neots, Cambridgeshire

Roffle? TBC, definately under a tenner (depending on costs incurred)

Pics

Screenshot_20200329_135621_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.85e45bb1383156bd889d75d17a6b3371.jpg

Screenshot_20200329_135633_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7aefa694efb491ef880dc3c3cb81a157.jpg

Screenshot_20200329_135648_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e0ee762aa63f6fda37e99092e5da3cfa.jpg

Miles - 290k

Mot - June 

Engine - Turbo Diesel 

I'd happily throw 100 quid into the pot to fund the initial purchase, but I'd need a few other willing idiots and someone to collect /store. 

The last group save I was involved if went well I think - no lasting psychological damage to @wuvvum, @loserone, @Wingz123, @egg @spartacus

I hope.. 

Interest shown so far... 

Help share purchase cost

@TheDoctor  @DarrenKC53 @loserone @Cookiesouwest @paulplom @Macscrooge @dean36014 @BL Bloke @kirton @spartacus @chodweaver @Daviemck2006 @Flat4

13 x £35 = £455. Would that be doable?

Run the roffle 

@egg

Roffle Tickets

@Shite Ron  @Talbot @loserone @holbeck @Heidel_Kakao @dean36014 @kirton @Unclefester @petermcpete @rainagain @Retronaut @louiepj @bramz7 @djoptix @chodweaver @Carlosfandango @Daviemck2006 @Coprolalia

I reckon that's easily half of the tickets sold.

Collection / Storage

@BorniteIdentity

@jumpingjehovahs  

@Zelandeth (backup)

4 minutes ago, Shite Ron said:

I would be interested in a ticket or two. Excuse my ignorance being new here. Would I pay you via bank transfer?

Yeah, either that or PayPal. Its only an idea at the moment, need to see if there's enough interest, and how we'd figure the logistics. Bad timing for everyone unfortunately, so it might fall flat as a plan. 

Should also have said that if the guy happy to keep it until this travel ban is ended I’ll happy pick it up if it’s road legal and store it until it’s roffled as all else failing I can put it in our staff compound at work 

im just on the Suffolk Essex border so not far, and a railway employee so cost to get there is next to zero 

12 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Not good. CV related? It's a shit time for a lot of people. ?

Yup, but should get my contract job back in the summer if this lockdown ends- because the job I do will have a massive backlog (permanent staff are also being furloughed). 

9 minutes ago, jumpingjehovahs said:

Depending on which part of St Neots he’s in he’s as little as 10 minutes from me. Not sure how I can help, but if I can, let me know. Certainly, if it’s road legal I could probably work out storing it here for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gravely, near the Offords. Whatever that means... 

Under 10 mins Doc! If he can deliver and I drop him home (as long as he sits in the back ) or some other method, I can keep it on the road here. There might be room in the car park, but I’m already pushing my luck with an MOT-less HR-V.

I know street parking isn’t ideal, but it gets it into the hands of a shiter.

6b1722db8c413f4b7cca85f9823c7837.jpg

That’s not a bad shout [mention]BorniteIdentity [/mention] In fact, talking of car parks, there’s a car park in the village that’s empty at the minute, where it could also be stored safely. Tons of room at the inn - although I would much rather park it in a Nokia bay if they were there

33 minutes ago, jumpingjehovahs said:

Under 10 mins Doc! If he can deliver and I drop him home (as long as he sits in the back emoji23.png) or some other method, I can keep it on the road here.

Could you not cycle over there (daily exercise), sling your bike in the back and then come back via the Nisa Local for some essential shopping?  Completely legal trip then and no need to have any human contact either.

Seems like we've already got plenty of volunteers, but it's not a million miles from here so I'd be happy to assist with collection provided it's road legal.  Wouldn't be able to store it for more than a couple of days, but happy to help out if I can.

Obviously once the current crisis is over, but I assume that goes without saying.

Right. I hate these spiteful bastards as I’m sure you all know.

I also need to spend my last few quid on heating oil right now. 

But on the basis that it’s a big miler (which I’m an absolute sucker for) and can travel (journalist innit) I’m happy to collect it and stash it at work.

It will need a ring leader (as I lamented before - someone has to steer these things) and they’ll need to sort insurance and tax. But I’m happy to play driver. 

29 minutes ago, Macscrooge said:

I’m not really sure about how a group save works. But I always wanted a BX estate so there’s £50 here if it helps. 

Group save - put money in, car is bought and stored. Roffle is run, and once all money is in, you get your share back, and a warm fuzzy feeling that another crazy car has made its way onto the Autoshite roffle merry-go-round.