I gon' and did a Peugeot 205 video

s_k

Autoshiters!

First of all; Sorry for my inconsistent presence here. For some reason the whole social media thing makes me forget about logging into forums every now and then. 
I'll try and be good. It's definitely not you, it's me. And Fecesbook.
But then, I do have something to share that I think is potentially quiet exciting.
I bought a very well maintained Peugeot 205 back in late November, have been driving it a lot even though my 'main car' is a Volvo 440.
Just two days ago I finally found the time to do a proper video review on my 205. Plenty of time on my hands right now, so I went for a four camera setup. Amateur Video Editing Masochism, I tell you. 

Enjoy!

(there's also a video of the bloopers/outtakes right after this one on my channel, if you're into that kind of thing)

13 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

Nice video sir. When I first saw the Nederland registration plate, I thought you may be the chap with loads of Visas, a BX and a couple of 205s (Peter Yedema?) to whom I subscribe.

Not me! I had two Visa's, a BX and three 205's through the years so it's definitely a Virus, but I'm not Peter Ydema. I don't even know his name, weirdly! 
Good to hear you like what you saw!  

11 hours ago, eifion said:

Excellent stuff. As a fairly recent 205 convert, I agree. Everyone should own one at least once.

There's something really honest about the way a 205 drives. Not everyone is impressed the first time though, for some people it needs to land.
Happy you like the video!  

6 hours ago, loserone said:

I have one outside my house right now.  Great fun!

IMG-20200328-WA0083.jpeg

That's the pre-facelift one, right? Cute stuff. And another Peugeot looking around the corner.

7 hours ago, Macscrooge said:

Splendid!  My dad had a couple of 205XLD in the ‘80s. They too were surprisingly quick and did 50mpg regardless of how they were driven. Great little cars. 

I never drove a 205 diesel. I did drive a Renault 5 diesel. You drive it like an old moped. Full throttle all the time. Amazingly slow, but 70mpg all the time.

Edited by s_k
Adding quotes!

On 3/29/2020 at 3:11 AM, s_k said:

That's the pre-facelift one, right? Cute stuff. And another Peugeot looking around the corner.

N reg so 1995ish, a really late one, post facelift. The really late ones did have some prefacelift bits on them sometimes though, such as dash clusters and whatnot. Prefacelift would have orange indicators too

On 3/30/2020 at 4:09 PM, reb said:

N reg so 1995ish, a really late one, post facelift. The really late ones did have some prefacelift bits on them sometimes though, such as dash clusters and whatnot. Prefacelift would have orange indicators too

It confused me a bit indeed! Had an old 'feel' to it. 

On 3/30/2020 at 4:22 PM, loserone said:

Indeed, @s_k, it feels quite modern compared to others I've owned or driven.

The 306 and 206GTI still feel much more modern again, despite being only four years newer.  

I do like the 206, never drove the GTI but the 206 is a lovely car really. 306 I never drove either but I owned a ZX and I think it's a gem. Pity about that wonky rear axle.

On 3/30/2020 at 4:32 PM, Unclefester said:

I so want one 

The time is now!