The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

Well the day I went to look at the Metro pictured on the previous page I spotted it from approximately two miles away...

Yes I had decided I was buying it well before I actually got there.

Can't be too careful these days can you...always best to make sure dozy SUV drivers can see you...

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

Well the day I went to look at the Metro pictured on the previous page I spotted it from approximately two miles away...

Yes I had decided I was buying it well before I actually got there.

Can't be too careful these days can you...always best to make sure dozy SUV drivers can see you...

You'd think that, but I was still idiot dodging most of the time when I had my pink Metro. 😬

2 hours ago, Cord Fourteener said:

Is this a deepfake or did you paint Docs car for him?

If I'd painted it it wouldn't be anywhere near that tidy!

To be fair, a white car is about as easy as it gets to recolour in a photo editor.

ax3.thumb.jpg.2b25b611b23a981630945c9cd9aa9c8a.jpg

Alternative version without the blacked out B pillar for comparison.

...I really bloody miss that Metro.  Was such a cheerful little car which always made me smile.

Today's news;

I think I'm going to attempt to rectify the white first on the AX, and add some tasteful alloys, which I have arranged to purchase. These type.

Screenshot_2021-09-14-13-30-41-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.9c0c0b7e6baf2d3a679ed26ef9573c91.jpg

Got my conditional offer of FPN through for the speeding offence, 3 points, so that's a relief. 

The 'Chevy' seems ok, picked littlun up from school in it today, he wasn't too embarrassed. It's very tinny, you feel everything through it, but it's quite a capable little thing. I dare say I even like it a bit. 

7 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

They’ll look ace! I seem to remember there’s some oddness with those alloys, given that they don’t have a hole in the centre. Not every tyre fitter will know what they’re doing with it - any half decent outfit should be fine though. 

I've got alloys with no hole and no matter what tyres I get I have never needed to get them balanced. No vibration until I hit 85 70mph and then only slightly, which might not be to do with balance. 

43 minutes ago, puddlethumper said:

I've got alloys with no hole and no matter what tyres I get I have never needed to get them balanced. No vibration until I hit 85 70mph and then only slightly, which might not be to do with balance. 

On an AX? 

That’s good going! Must be inherently well balanced and you’ve ended up with decent, even tyres the whole time. I’ve only ever driven tat with battered steelies, which probably doesn’t help the balance situation…

On 9/13/2021 at 12:41 PM, AxWomble said:

That's good news, I'm glad it isn't too extortionate - main factor against us was our age, something daft like a 75% 'lean' on the premium cost because we are under 25 :(

Not sure how but I got £87.49 for a year then additional £40 cashback.    I did try to get "The Pope" addded as an additional driver (he's unlikely to complain) but under "title" there was no "Pope" option.