The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

47 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

Sideslip Treddbomb....

My SuziQ has encroaching lakka defekts, on the roof :(

So..... Any views on Tetrasyl or Raptor 'faux' vinyl roof welcome lol....

🤐

You'd have to strip all the lacquer off or sand flat to get vinyl to lie flat anyway, so sometimes easier to just paint.

It's a slippery slope though, that's how I started with the Metro, was just going to vinyl the bonnet! 

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. AX FTP. Sortof
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit of a wash and spruce up of the AX. Did the steels silver. Can't use the alloys yet, two of the tyres have slow punctures, plus they're old. 

I'll give them a refurb and paint while I'm waiting. 

I must get some proper white paint for that front bumper too!

I personally think it needs orange indicators...

IMG20211107142959.jpg

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time.
  • DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Grindr damage
1 hour ago, sutty2006 said:

Yep, rookie error I’m afraid. 

sure I had a car many years ago with lots of tiny specs in the passenger front window. Turned out previous owner had been letting grinding sparks hit the side of the car. There’s no getting rid of them!

Grinder sparks are lethal to glass.  Years ago a mate of mine was grinding next to a car with one of the rear windows wound half way down.  By the time he finished the top half of the window was completely fucked, but the bottom half which had been in the door was fine.  The effect was rather odd...

i remember an episode of wheeler dealers where Ed used a grinder, masking tape and a bit of scrap metal to deliberately etch the WD logo onto the window of whatever he was working on - quite clever and a bit shit at the same time :) 

skip to 3:35