The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - tickled pink
5 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

Woah! First, is this image editing or did you paint it bright pink?

Second, nice one. Let's not be afraid of bright pink Metros, it looks superb especially next to the Teal (that's never the same as the duck's actual colour) Fiat.

It would be one hell of an edit! 

IMG_20210306_164957.thumb.jpg.2e39bec7091fcbd193c167ee42ed3be6.jpg

3 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

A ribald reference to electrically powered vibrating things for the lady of the house.

Ah, I see. I don't see it personally. I guess if it were a long car like a Citroen CX then maybe.

Also, I've never heard of them being powered by D cells. 🤔

I'd not heard the term ribald before either, had to Google it. I think childish may have been a more apt term, as it's not particularly amusing. 

8 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Ah, I see. I don't see it personally. I guess if it were a long car like a Citroen CX then maybe.

Also, I've never heard of them being powered by D cells. 🤔

I'd not heard the term ribald before either, had to Google it. I think childish may have been a more apt term, as it's not particularly amusing. 

Childish, perhaps, but more amusing than a middle-aged man painting a car bright pink and not understanding that it could be both detrimental to the appearance of the car and also opening it to some attempts at crude puerile humour.

You reap what you sow...

1 minute ago, M'coli said:

Childish, perhaps, but more amusing than a middle-aged man painting a car bright pink and not understanding that it could be both detrimental to the appearance of the car and also opening it to some attempts at crude puerile humour.

You reap what you sow...

Yeah, but no need to be a twat about it. 

Car looks 100 times better than it did previously. If you don't like the colour, fine, but keep your opinion/jokes to yourself. 

And what the fuck has my age got to do with anything? 

26 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Yeah, but no need to be a twat about it. 

Car looks 100 times better than it did previously. If you don't like the colour, fine, but keep your opinion/jokes to yourself. 

And what the fuck has my age got to do with anything? 

Ahem,  you're neither my parents nor my line manager, so don't tell me what to do with my opinions or my jokes...

3 minutes ago, M'coli said:

Ahem,  you're neither my parents nor my line manager, so don't tell me what to do with my opinions or my jokes...

Fine. That's why forums have an ignore function. I don't have time for negative people. I'm a big believer in 'If you can't say something nice, don't say anything' 

It's amazing what effect Eisenhower's dress from the 1950s had on middle aged men's staying up in the middle of the night to make jokes on the internet just because of the colour someone painted their car.

I'd have kept it red, but it's just fine.  Reclaim pink.  

That looks bonza. 10/10.

If you think d cells run vibrators you are revealing its been a very long time since you were near one. A bit republican that. 

For those that like to pile in and be unpleasant about other people's cars in other people's threads? That's what fucked autosite in the first place. If you can't say anything nice, then say it in your own fucking thread. 

For all you people saying this car is fucking ace get a life it's a Barry boys reject now,   will any of you guys now actually put your hands in your pocket and pay money to own it now I think not, and when you all pipe up and say yes of course i would then I expect a  rush when it appears for sale. 

This is not the blue although I do fear some are trying to stear it that way with The can't say anything negative about it comments,   I'm pretty sure the owner can't be worried about negative comments or he wouldn't have painted the fucker neon pink ffs,  if you want to hide in the shadows you certainly don't do this to a motor.

Cudoes for getting into it and having a bash though as it's not an easy task without a garage and plenty time so I appreciate just what you've done and time spent getting it there.

I now fully expect to be bullied into submission for having a different opinion to the changed forumers and be taught that I'm not allowed an opinion unless I agree with others.

3 minutes ago, garbaldy said:

will any of you guys now actually put your hands in your pocket and pay money to own it

I see no change here now to last month 🤣 noone was going to buy it on here anyway.

The paint looks alright, if it wasn't pink it wouldn't have raised any eyebrows I reckon.

1 hour ago, scdan4 said:

For those that like to pile in and be unpleasant about other people's cars in other people's threads? That's what fucked autosite in the first place. If you can't say anything nice, then say it in your own fucking thread. 

That is so not what fucked AS at all. 

Censoring opinions does. Jesus, he's painted a half decent Rover Metro pink. What the hell sort of reaction did you/he think you'd get? 

Paint it whatever colour you like chap, it's your car. 

Don't post pictures in a Forum if you don't want comments, positive or negative. It's not a fucking safe space. 

And that, gents, it what is 'fucking' AS. 

2 minutes ago, loserone said:

I see no change here now to last month 🤣 noone was going to buy it on here anyway.

The paint looks alright, if it wasn't pink it wouldn't have raised any eyebrows I reckon.

Yes cars can be a pain to shift on to new owners sometimes,

Yes it looks a good enough job for an outside finish and great for a winter early spring job, not many people would be willing to try that at all so credit where credit due, your right  're the colour not everyone cup of tea.

11 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

It would be one hell of an edit! 

IMG_20210306_164957.thumb.jpg.2e39bec7091fcbd193c167ee42ed3be6.jpg

Excuse my French, but that looks fuckin' awesome. What paint did you use, Montana Graf paint? 

I would say that it'd be epic with white wellers - but white wheels are a full time job to keep clean. Still - great job. I've always wanted a lairy pink or yellow sprayed car - I've got some left over yellow and pink graf paint in the garage from when I was testing colours when I had my Hillman.... The finish looks decent too! Top work. 

I'm actually quite jealous... 

No offence to The Doctor, but it's a Rover Metro not an Aston Martin. It's also got some grot in difficult to repair places that have been fixed, but are never going to be perfect.

It's a cheap car and now stands out/raises eyebrows/gets a few grins I'm sure. Life's too short not to enjoy it - have fun in your pink Metro Doc