The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

17 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

No Pez shot? Deduct 10 points.

The photo earlier in the thread is at a M&S petrol station, surely that counts?

13 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

No poo-count either,  although I gather that’s optional? 

That was on the way back when a lorry wandered out across my lane mid overtake, and I have no horn to alert them. 🤣😳

8 hours ago, bezzabsa said:

HOW MUCH FOR DIESEL.... I was complaining about £1.31.7 at local ASDA

Blimey, take me back up north! £1.33 is the best I’ve had since we bought the 106 (beginning of August) and £1.35 is the norm. Lots of places in this here London are £1.38.9 so the 700 mile range of the tank is coming in handy because I can usually stretch it until I’m somewhere cheap….

2 hours ago, AxWomble said:

Blimey, take me back up north! £1.33 is the best I’ve had since we bought the 106 (beginning of August) and £1.35 is the norm. Lots of places in this here London are £1.38.9 so the 700 mile range of the tank is coming in handy because I can usually stretch it until I’m somewhere cheap….

Jeez I was having a think earlier about the time of the first lockdown when everyone stayed at home. 

I paid £1.00/l in the Morrisons coming home from work one night. Bargain filling up the C5 with cheap diesel. 

That'll never happen again ☹️

43 minutes ago, Spurious said:

Jeez I was having a think earlier about the time of the first lockdown when everyone stayed at home. 

I paid £1.00/l in the Morrisons coming home from work one night. Bargain filling up the C5 with cheap diesel. 

Not unless something major occurs, no :( can’t complain really though, I’m currently spending less each month on diesel than I was for petrol two years ago! 

Meh. Knew there was a problem due to lots of vibrations that seemed to get worse over the journey yesterday. I haven't really taken the car above 50 since I got it...

Jacked up and rotated wheels, looking and feeling for any issues. Yep, that's fucked.

IMG20210923153556.thumb.jpg.965c25a54ce32e15da4d7020ff647b9a.jpg

IMG20210923154630.thumb.jpg.78a7f34722f043da33e9bddc79ea368a.jpg

Looks funny on spacesaver.

Just popped a part worn on for now, will check all tyres properly and replace as needed soon. This 'cheap runaround' is going to be anything but that at this rate!

IMG20210923160113.thumb.jpg.0bc16501e7e4df1e77ab74333f394f81.jpg

IMG20210923160109.thumb.jpg.6d4d357867a006a6efe996d1aff1a704.jpg

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Tyre-ing situation
57 minutes ago, Sham said:

Looks like a flat spot, which suggests it's been sideways yo! At some point. I'd be checking all 4 tyres carefully and the alignment too. Likely been into a kerb or ditch.

Yep, the more I examine this car, it's definitely had one or two non-careful previous owners. 

Tell tale signs:

Almost no oil in engine.

Tyres all different random makes and tread levels.

Steering slightly pulls to the left 

Tyre issues (see above)

Kids sweets and broken toys stuffed in various crevices.

Badly touched up scrapes, scratches and dings.

Brake issues.

Sucker mark on inside of windscreen right in driver's line of view...

I reckon it was a 'school run mum's car, then after that possibly a takeaway delivery car. 

6 hours ago, DoctorRetro said:

Tyres all different random makes and tread levels.

Steering slightly pulls to the left 

These things are probably connected. I've known a car that pulled to one side until the front tyres were swapped side to side (a matching pair), which fixed the problem

On 9/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, Spurious said:

i paid 99p a litre at tescos in the first lockdown, it was fantastic

Edited by crad
in the first lockdown, not just now!