The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

23 hours ago, Supernaut said:

Same.

When I worked in IT at the local university a couple of years back we had two women from the NE of England on the IT service desk and I couldn't get enough of their accents. How they ended up in Aberdeen I don't know...

They made like the American's and invaded it for oil.

43 minutes ago, paulplom said:

John Bishop utterly ruins it for me.

He's from Winsford.  Which is Cheshire. 

A bit like Skelmersdale.  Full of Scouse accents but it's Lancashire. 

3rd and 4th generation ex-scousers, whose families were moved out of slums in Bootle in the 60s still grow up with an accent that is stronger than most Scousers.  

I have no accent. It's a sort of Generic northern accent, with hints of home counties. 

I've seen a couple of these on the trip and now I've got this idea in my head of turning the Fenlander into some sort of 'Scout', 'Trek' lifestyle type thing. I mean, it's already half grey with a shit name... ? Just needs the big wheels and arches off the Tourer and we're set... 

57567387.jpg.5ea6e3ef8f2d82b5fa7748fe0b6e8899.jpg

3926826203e9449695418bbce5ffa44e.thumb.jpg.c7f0f2eee0313eff36687f5ce8b32ec0.jpg

IMG_20200711_144830.thumb.jpg.dec0500d6925f672cda63b650c6a6087.jpg

IMG_20200711_144931.thumb.jpg.c90ec8a69e8306ba28c2148aa2fdf191.jpg

Dominic pitched me his wonderfully naive plan on what to do next tonight.... 

Step 1. Sell both Rovers - end up with £800. ?

Step 2. Buy modified Vw Golf gti. 

Step 3. Make Golf standard and sell for £2k as people will pay more for a standard one. 

Step 4. Use the £2k to buy a rwd manual car (Mercedes) that we can use for drifting etc. 

He's 8. He'll learn eventually. ?

On 8/8/2020 at 10:00 PM, TheDoctor said:

Dominic pitched me his wonderfully naive plan on what to do next tonight.... 

Step 1. Sell both Rovers - end up with £800. ?

Step 2. Buy modified Vw Golf gti. 

Step 3. Make Golf standard and sell for £2k as people will pay more for a standard one. 

Step 4. Use the £2k to buy a rwd manual car (Mercedes) that we can use for drifting etc. 

He's 8. He'll learn eventually. ?

Sounds fine to me, though I'm sure £2k will buy you a better shit beemer for drifting than it will a Merc, bearing in mind you'd also have to include an lsd in that price...

I say stroke of genius ?

It strikes me as somewhat daft that a British built,economical,low mileage car with full ticket can generate so little interest on here.perhaps much of the forum are masochists wanting to empty their wages every month into 15 year old Peugeot's on a buy scrap repeat cycle?or that more newer stuff has become cheap enough to buy instead. If I hadn't bought my 99 400 I would have definitely gone for this beast.

25 minutes ago, plasticvandan said:

It strikes me as somewhat daft that a British built,economical,low mileage car with full ticket can generate so little interest on here

Not sure anything is generating much interest at the moment.  When you see adverts for cars with ticket for under £100, and there's only passing interest, that sets the scene for more expensive stuff.

Not that I can talk, I'm not looking to take anything on at the moment, even if it were free.

Where is the Fenlander going next week? Or is that a secret? (I’m keeping tabs on it, when I’m down to less than 5 cars I’m definitely up for this one if it’s available. I feel an affinity to it because of the fun collection opportunity you gave me. Also, it’s wonderful)

1 hour ago, rob88h said:

Where is the Fenlander going next week? Or is that a secret? (I’m keeping tabs on it, when I’m down to less than 5 cars I’m definitely up for this one if it’s available. I feel an affinity to it because of the fun collection opportunity you gave me. Also, it’s wonderful)

It's going up to Bromsgrove, to a friend. He's more Retro Rides than Autoshite, so it will probably end up a little modified.... ?

So, the Fenlander is not sold, as I had previously thought. So looks like it is sticking around. Not the end of the world - there are a lot worse cars to be stuck with!

I think I'm going to refresh a lot of the components to make it a more pleasant car to drive (it feels a bit clunky sometimes) - so bushes, engine mounts etc. Will also replace fuel lines, hoses etc. Then oil change, belt change etc.

And I must warn anyone of a sensitive nature to look away now....

I'm going to do something about the paintwork! Which will mean losing the Fenlander logos! Fear not though, as I may have a plan to bring them back....