The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

They have been out in force in Sussex, I was delivering all day Saturday with my 18 year old son along for the heavy lifting and spotted every single type of camera detection out working the bank holiday. Both Waze and Google Maps were warning us of the vans and marked cars but the unmarked cars are so difficult to spot until they catch you/someone.

31 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

That’s a Band C offence isn’t it? I’m not sure I completely understand how it works now but isn’t that 150% weekly pay and six points? Once upon a time it would have been a £100 and 3. Maybe it still is? 🤷‍♂️ 

It still is unless you appeal and fail. The bands are if it goes to court. That's what the gov.uk website seems to suggest. 

The only thing a higher percentage over changes is the offer of a speed awareness course as far as I can tell. 

No point stressing about it until I actually get the letter though.

Screenshot_2021-08-30-20-38-36-92_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2021-08-30-20-38-48-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Incoming!
On 8/30/2021 at 8:36 PM, DoctorRetro said:

It still is unless you appeal and fail. The bands are if it goes to court. That's what the gov.uk website seems to suggest. 

The only thing a higher percentage over changes is the offer of a speed awareness course as far as I can tell. 

No point stressing about it until I actually get the letter though.

Screenshot_2021-08-30-20-38-36-92_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2021-08-30-20-38-48-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I think that's only if you get offered an FPN though. This suggests that the normal threshold for going straight to a summons is...96mph. Sorry. 

https://www.racfoundation.org/motoring-faqs/enforcement

I've uploaded a page from the Acpo guidelines.

If you look at the wording the threshold for a prosecution rather than fixed penalty is above 96mph. 

You are recorded as doing 96 which can still be interpreted as suitable for a fixed penalty. It has been known for traffic cops to slightly reduce the reported speed to allow fixed penalties in some cases. 

No guarantees but I wouldn't be surprised if a fpn offer comes through.

Screenshot_20210909-120721.png

14 minutes ago, Wgl2019 said:

It has been known for traffic cops to slightly reduce the reported speed to allow fixed penalties in some cases.

Apparently I was going 'over a ton' but the policeman said because I was polite, honest and apologetic he would only record it as 96 so I wouldn't have to go to court. Hopefully he was accurate about that.

I can't imagine they'd reduce the recorded speed to something still within the summons threshold, but then I'm not counting my chickens either. First offense in nearly 5 years should count in my favour too.

Whatever the case, my next car won't be capable of reaching those speeds!!!