The Doctor's travels through time - Strip Club

9 hours ago, Tim_E said:

After my own heart! But these are big money.

What are surprisingly big money though, even bigger money in fact, are Peugeot 309 GTi. Who'd have thought? Especially when you can get a decent 1.6 for less than a grand.

Strange world, out there.

I don't like reading job descriptions, especially when it's for prospective employment, always seems like there's far too much in there so they can say it's in your job description to do X Y and Z. Even shelf stacking seems to have paragraphs of gumph about all the things they expect you to do within the role. Don't know why I find it so off-putting.

Glad you got it all in writing though Doc, ignore my minor rant!

2 minutes ago, Macscrooge said:

Congratulations - I hope it goes well for you.  And that the salary will allow the purchase of more high quality* motor vehicles!

Unfortunately no change in salary, if anything its a demotion from my previous role, but it's taken me 2 months to get a job title! I was starting to worry they were trying to push me out... 

12 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

I don't like reading job descriptions, especially when it's for prospective employment, always seems like there's far too much in there so they can say it's in your job description to do X Y and Z. Even shelf stacking seems to have paragraphs of gumph about all the things they expect you to do within the role. Don't know why I find it so off-putting.

Glad you got it all in writing though Doc, ignore my minor rant!

Apparently section 8 was written as a description of me rather than a requirement for the job, which is quite nice to read. 

17 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Apparently section 8 was written as a description of me rather than a requirement for the job, which is quite nice to read. 

That's a nice compliment. :) Although that being the case, they missed the part about "Must have extensive experience with shonky red British cars". :D 

So how does a car with a fresh mot, a new clutch and a new centre exhaust box reward you? 

By starting to blow from the front box.

I think I'll just replace the whole thing tbh, the back box sounded like it was full of shrapnel too when I took it off. 

List of jobs to do on Metro, I'll update as I either find more or complete them. 

- front exhaust (manifold down) 

- back box

- pump up suspension 

- replace battery (its a bit weak) 

- general service (dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs, leads) 

- paintwork (low priority) 

- change gearbox oil

• TheDoctor changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - The wheel deal
24 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Xmas present to myself - found these in Triumph stud pattern on ebay for cheap - only two though, so will be looking out for more. 

IMG_20201225_124348.thumb.jpg.00c0007a4ea4e4536afe6c09c9d9aa8c.jpg

IMG_20201225_124421.thumb.jpg.8afc7eb6200df69dc19c74bef817c278.jpg

Oh, and got engaged too, but that's not as important is it? 😂😜

IMG-20201225-WA0008.thumb.jpg.86abf0f3edba60eb4f6caa5938136d4e.jpg

Congratulations mate. Does this mean you’re on the lookout for a shite wedding car?  And does your intended realise she’ll be expected to replace a clutch/exhaust/cambelt en route to the church?

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Xmas present to myself - found these in Triumph stud pattern on ebay for cheap - only two though, so will be looking out for more. 

IMG_20201225_124348.thumb.jpg.00c0007a4ea4e4536afe6c09c9d9aa8c.jpg

IMG_20201225_124421.thumb.jpg.8afc7eb6200df69dc19c74bef817c278.jpg

Oh, and got engaged too, but that's not as important is it? 😂😜

IMG-20201225-WA0008.thumb.jpg.86abf0f3edba60eb4f6caa5938136d4e.jpg

Following this thread you've had a hard year, but what a right good end. Congratulations and enjoy it

• TheDoctor changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Strip Club