The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

I don't like reading job descriptions, especially when it's for prospective employment, always seems like there's far too much in there so they can say it's in your job description to do X Y and Z. Even shelf stacking seems to have paragraphs of gumph about all the things they expect you to do within the role. Don't know why I find it so off-putting.

Glad you got it all in writing though Doc, ignore my minor rant!

2 minutes ago, Macscrooge said:

Congratulations - I hope it goes well for you.  And that the salary will allow the purchase of more high quality* motor vehicles!

Unfortunately no change in salary, if anything its a demotion from my previous role, but it's taken me 2 months to get a job title! I was starting to worry they were trying to push me out... 

12 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

I don't like reading job descriptions, especially when it's for prospective employment, always seems like there's far too much in there so they can say it's in your job description to do X Y and Z. Even shelf stacking seems to have paragraphs of gumph about all the things they expect you to do within the role. Don't know why I find it so off-putting.

Glad you got it all in writing though Doc, ignore my minor rant!

Apparently section 8 was written as a description of me rather than a requirement for the job, which is quite nice to read. 

17 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Apparently section 8 was written as a description of me rather than a requirement for the job, which is quite nice to read. 

That's a nice compliment. :) Although that being the case, they missed the part about "Must have extensive experience with shonky red British cars". :D 

So how does a car with a fresh mot, a new clutch and a new centre exhaust box reward you? 

By starting to blow from the front box.

I think I'll just replace the whole thing tbh, the back box sounded like it was full of shrapnel too when I took it off. 

List of jobs to do on Metro, I'll update as I either find more or complete them. 

- front exhaust (manifold down) 

- back box

- pump up suspension 

- replace battery (its a bit weak) 

- general service (dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs, leads) 

- paintwork (low priority) 

- change gearbox oil

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - The wheel deal
24 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Xmas present to myself - found these in Triumph stud pattern on ebay for cheap - only two though, so will be looking out for more. 

IMG_20201225_124348.thumb.jpg.00c0007a4ea4e4536afe6c09c9d9aa8c.jpg

IMG_20201225_124421.thumb.jpg.8afc7eb6200df69dc19c74bef817c278.jpg

Oh, and got engaged too, but that's not as important is it? 😂😜

IMG-20201225-WA0008.thumb.jpg.86abf0f3edba60eb4f6caa5938136d4e.jpg

Congratulations mate. Does this mean you’re on the lookout for a shite wedding car?  And does your intended realise she’ll be expected to replace a clutch/exhaust/cambelt en route to the church?

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

Oh, and got engaged too, but that's not as important is it?

1 hour ago, Macscrooge said:

Congratulations mate. Does this mean you’re on the lookout for a shite wedding car? 

Congrats Doc - think I set the bar pretty low already

2020-12-25_02-26-00.jpg

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Xmas present to myself - found these in Triumph stud pattern on ebay for cheap - only two though, so will be looking out for more. 

IMG_20201225_124348.thumb.jpg.00c0007a4ea4e4536afe6c09c9d9aa8c.jpg

IMG_20201225_124421.thumb.jpg.8afc7eb6200df69dc19c74bef817c278.jpg

Oh, and got engaged too, but that's not as important is it? 😂😜

IMG-20201225-WA0008.thumb.jpg.86abf0f3edba60eb4f6caa5938136d4e.jpg

Following this thread you've had a hard year, but what a right good end. Congratulations and enjoy it

7 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

Congratulations, I believe @Tetleysmooth still has my old Merc that knows how to be a wedding car and he's somewhere your neck of the woods....

IMG_20190926_121616.thumb.jpg.7ecc3c081df8202f532c140d2531e3f8.jpg

Not that I'm recommending your local Wetherspoon's as the reception.

Sold it to a guy on RR iirc.