The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

7 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

a flat spot when accelerating. 

All 1.1 Metros with carburettor I've driven have had a slight flatspot on acceleration.  As long as it's only slight I'd suggest living with it, rather than spending ages trying to get rid of it to no avail as I did on the last one I owned!

3 hours ago, BeEP said:

All 1.1 Metros with carburettor I've driven have had a slight flatspot on acceleration.  As long as it's only slight I'd suggest living with it, rather than spending ages trying to get rid of it to no avail as I did on the last one I owned!

Good to know thank you. I'll keep the Dashpot topped up and drive around it. 

Lyrics
Pink, it's my new obsession
Pink, it's not even a question
Pink on the lips of your lover
'Cause pink is the love you discover
Pink as the bing on your cherry
Pink, 'cause you are so very
Pink, it's the color of passion
'Cause today it just goes with the fashion

If you google Pink Metro the first entry is for the Delhi metro service pink line.  There must be some advertising trade off here, although it might mean moving to Delhi.  Bit extreme.  And if you did ideally you should have a Cityrover for parts availability.

I’m still not sure why you went pink though when there are other colours like Applejack or Harvest Gold you could have opted for.  Or avocado.  I always wanted a car that resembled a seventies bathroom

14 hours ago, Parky said:

Otherwise get yourself A hat, a Mac, a stray cat painted pink and drive around like a low budget version of this utter boss

F00216D0-379B-46FF-89B1-B3483586E554.jpeg

Looking at the chassis on this, I bet it drove like complete shit....imagine the porpoising at speed

Apparently the V8 is right behind the driver's seat driving the front wheels...

One of these may help

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/power-tec-stripe-off-disc-with-shank/

However they're meant for getting sticky stuff off of paint, so could melt the plastic trim. Might be ok if you keep the drill speed down.

Other alternatives are heat to make peeling them off easier (hairdryer) or meths which melts the glue but generally leaves plastics alone

4 hours ago, bunglebus said:

One of these may help

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/power-tec-stripe-off-disc-with-shank/

However they're meant for getting sticky stuff off of paint, so could melt the plastic trim. Might be ok if you keep the drill speed down.

Other alternatives are heat to make peeling them off easier (hairdryer) or meths which melts the glue but generally leaves plastics alone

I've got a toffee wheel, that's how I got it off the car. 

I'm worried about warping the plastics even more tbh

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - New wheels /Tyres