The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

Do your car the way you want. I'm toying with the idea of painting your old fenlander. Like the metro it's an old car with knackered paint and worth not a lot. I dont think I will be as bold as doing it hot pink, but I do have a colour scheme in mind. I expect when I do it I will get comments that I have ruined it too, but you know what? I will not care

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

I'm not sure whether to leave the sill panel pink or repaint it black 🤔

IMG_20210307_120734.thumb.jpg.64d8bbf1c6588e913b9761a61f443813.jpg

IMG_20210307_123224.thumb.jpg.ba6ab50999a34ff64af402d02a1cd901.jpg

I wonder what it would look like with the b and c pillar painted black 🤔

Once its on matching wheels I think that will look alright.

You won't lose it in a car park anyway!

10 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

How can painting a car that's in need of paint be controversial outside of not telling the dvla? I really fail to see the problem. 

It’s not the act itself, it’s the colour choice that's potentially controversial. As I said in the part of my post that you haven’t quoted I don’t give a toss what colour it is.  Just don’t post on a public forum and then get upset when not everyone  likes the end result. 

7 hours ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

So true! “Don’t be wear clothes that make you feel sexy if you can’t handle me being a pervert” 😂

Yes, yes. I can certainly see how offering up a light hearted remark on the appearance of a rattle canned, dog dick pink paint job with overspray half way up the windscreen is highly likely to indicate they’re a bit....Peter Sutcliffe. 

I’ve read some shit on this forum lately, but I reckon that might take the prize 

and *tongue firmly in cheek* 

I have a nodding dog, and twin bonnet stripes in white if you would like them.........either that or they're going on the Yota 

and I love the wheels on the R5...food for thought If I cant find some chromey centre thingies

29 minutes ago, J-T said:

Yes, yes. I can certainly see how offering up a light hearted remark on the appearance of a rattle canned, dog dick pink paint job with overspray half way up the windscreen is highly likely to indicate they’re a bit....Peter Sutcliffe. 

I’ve read some shit on this forum lately, but I reckon that might take the prize 

To be fair mate, I wasn't talking about his comments on the Metro, I was light-heartedly talking about something that he stated was a big belief, namely: 

I'm a big believer in, "don't do something attention-seeking if you can't cope with the attention it creates".

We then drew a comparison with how that's often used to shame women who dress "sexy". It was all lols dude. 

Keep up. 

9 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

I fucking hate Metros, and I hate pink.

BUT two wrongs make a right in this instance.

I'd happily blezz about in that (If I fitted).

I only just fit tbh. Being 40,6ft and 17 stone with long limbs mean it's an interesting procedure getting in and out. 

But it's my favourite car I've ever owned, and that's saying something. 

Offset wise, are the Spitfire wheels going to be more of a flush-with-arch-lip look?  Nice left field choice of wheel, works surprisingly well against the Metro's more modern shape.  Are you putting the door strips back on, or leaving them off?  If you're putting them on, are you colour coding the inserts too?  Are all these questions annoying yet?

21 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

Offset wise, are the Spitfire wheels going to be more of a flush-with-arch-lip look?  Nice left field choice of wheel, works surprisingly well against the Metro's more modern shape.  Are you putting the door strips back on, or leaving them off?  If you're putting them on, are you colour coding the inserts too?  Are all these questions annoying yet?

Yes. 😂

A little more flush with arch, but not as wide as the weller. 

Door strips may go back on although I may need to obtain replacement ones as the didn't come off very well. 

I was toying with a neon green strip in the inserts to contrast the car. 

1 hour ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

To be fair mate, I wasn't talking about his comments on the Metro, I was light-heartedly talking about something that he stated was a big belief, namely: 

We then drew a comparison with how that's often used to shame women who dress "sexy". It was all lols dude. 

Keep up. 

I daren’t, I dread to think what I may unknowingly reveal to such accurate profilers as yourselves!

contrast for the inserts is probably better than colour matching, and neon green, turquoise, or purple, will give it that 90s vibe.  Can you put the rubbing strips back on with tape, or are they the push-clip types?  If all else fails, just sikaflex them on, just hope you never have to remove them again.

8 hours ago, vulgalour said:

contrast for the inserts is probably better than colour matching, and neon green, turquoise, or purple, will give it that 90s vibe.  Can you put the rubbing strips back on with tape, or are they the push-clip types?  If all else fails, just sikaflex them on, just hope you never have to remove them again.

They are taped ones, but they are a bit curled from the removal 'process'.