The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - A volt from the bluehe
15 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Someone been jumping on the bonnet?

No, apparently it had  bonnet to windscreen interaction in the hands of previous owner... I've managed to straighten it a bit so the edges line up.

Also sanded back and painted the grille as it was annoying.

IMG20210409151247.thumb.jpg.a106af4bccafef00574f76214fd779df.jpg

IMG20210409172629.thumb.jpg.9991de5f6e14e74a37deff776441ebc3.jpg

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Rimming

I like this (not that you're looking for permission 😀).  One of the young lads at work is modifying a k11 micra pretty heavily. I've recently modified a pair of Mr2 leather buckets to k11 seat rails for him. He has bought a gizfabs intake kit, front and rear strut braces, 12" minilight alikes,  coilovers and is saving for a gizfabs turbo conversion. It's not a valuable car and he is making it something personal to him. You've got to spend money somewhere so why not have the crack with it. Fuck the anti modifying brigade 😝

Can't say I'm crazy about the colour,but all cars are so DULL nowadays, it's nice to see something that actually stands out quite dramatically. 

Those wheels with black centres and silver rim really work well,I like the slightly tinted lights too.

For a budget build done outside,I think it looks great.

Well done. 

Well, the report on the Baleno is that I don't like it. Well, I do , but I don't....

List of issues:

The squeal/scream/grating sound from now both sides. I reckon new discs&pads might sort it.

Auxiliary belt squeals if anything electronic is used. I have a replacement but access is horrible!

When coming to a stop after driving the engine sounds very 'ticky' like a sticky tappet or something. Oil change might help.

Idle is really low, almost worryingly.

Oh, and the smell! It has obviously been owned by a smoker previously, and the many air fresheners are not disguising the smell enough for my oversensitive nose.

I know all these are minor, but all involve throwing money and time at something that is (in my opinion) unlikely to see another mot due to extreme crispiness underneath. 

I'm wondering whether to run it into the ground with no maintenance and to hell with the noises, sell it on to someone less bothered, or fix it knowing that money is never to be recovered.

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Crunchy