The Doctor's travels through time - New purchase in

9 minutes ago, New POD said:

I think the prices are kept high, in a deliberate attempt to take them off the road.  For the type of person that drives underinsured and forgets to tax or mot their vehicle, it's cheaper to go and buy another car and give the seller a false  name and address. 

Could be true, but its a fixed price by the cops, at least in Scotland.. could be a mile, could be 50 miles. Its just averaged I suppose. Neds will dump motors in rivers, set them on fire or stuff them into a parked car.. since the price of scrap went up, and cheap cars kinda dissapeared, our workload went down.

On 07/03/2021 at 01:47, DoctorRetro said:

Fine. That's why forums have an ignore function. I don't have time for negative people. I'm a big believer in 'If you can't say something nice, don't say anything' 

“You can paint a cock and balls on it for all I care, it’s your car! 🤣

I don’t understand why middle aged men who should know better get so angry and aggressive on this forum about other people’s cars!

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Higher Car

It's funny, a few years ago the trend was towards headlights that took up most of the front end of the car.  Now headlights appear to be rapidly diminishing into nothingness, and stupid gopping great radiator grilles have taken over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Tracking
1 hour ago, spartacus said:

You can't just leave it at that!

Details, how fast, what did it handle like, when are you signing up etc etc.

It was a track experience someone bought me ages ago, finally got to  do it. It was a monster, so much acceleration.  Felt like the grip was endless.

1 hour ago, gm said:

no crash helmet ? 

looks like you're having fun anyway :) 

Track experience, not needed. Nothing competitive.

24 minutes ago, Matty said:

How've you suddenly got all these posh cars? You haven't signed a deal to sell ppe to the government or something have you?

BMW was a hire car, this was an experience day.

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - The one and only
56 minutes ago, Cookiesouwest said:

You want a Wagon R. Roffle happening soon :)

Yeah, will definitely take a ticket. Bit far away for an outright sale though unfortunately. Would be about 8 hours round trip I reckon

9 hours ago, Matty said:

Is there anything you really want to have a go at? You had allsorts of stuff, so is there one that got away?

Oh, there's definitely still plenty more I'd want to own. Problem is, as time ticks on, everything I like is getting more rare/valuable.

I'd like to own some of these:

Volvo 340

Volvo 240

Toyota Camry

Lexus LS400

Rover 800

Daewoo Espero 

Toyota Previa 

And that's just a few off the top of my head

I'd jump on a 240 but they are starting to command really silly money.

This one looks decent first glance https://www.newsnow.co.uk/classifieds/cars-vans-for-sale/sap/Swp4XAZYn50-bZxP8Ydlxw?slot=1

The Lexus LS400, I'm actually surprised at the asking prices but yes I'd love to own a V8 for a little while.

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - New purchase in