The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

Small update. 

Managed to get both rear windows to operate - they had hardly been used so had jammed shut. Took door cards off, lots of penetrating oil and got them moving. 

A car that's hardly been used can be more of a pain in the arse than a high mileage, well used one. ?

I've seen a set of BMW Mini steels for sale near me with decent winter tyres on for not much money. Tempted to get them but where to store them?! 

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

A car that's hardly been used can be more of a pain in the arse than a high mileage, well used one. ?

Absolutely this.

That was basically tracked down to be the root cause of 95% of the issues I had with my last Skoda.  It had spent the majority of its life sitting around, and the previous previous owner had done the bare minimum to recommission it - which appeard to amount to changing a couple of fuel lines and a rear wheel cylinder.

Virtually every time I took that car out something else went wrong with it!

On 9/6/2020 at 4:38 PM, Zelandeth said:

Absolutely this.

That was basically tracked down to be the root cause of 95% of the issues I had with my last Skoda.  It had spent the majority of its life sitting around, and the previous previous owner had done the bare minimum to recommission it - which appeard to amount to changing a couple of fuel lines and a rear wheel cylinder.

Virtually every time I took that car out something else went wrong with it!

I’m currently considering the idea of a 2014 XC90 that only has 18k on the clock. On the one hand super low miles ftw. On the other, what you said. It's only six years old mind, but the heat over here can kill a car so maybe the low mileage is not such a win. 

Well - the windscreen wipers have decided to stop working on the Tourer. I've decided to get rid, see my for sale thread. 

In the meantime, any suggestions on tracing the fault? The fuse is fine - other functions on the stalk work - rear wipe, front wash. 

I have a multimeter... 

Edit: The motor is whirring and the wipers can move freely, suspect something wrong with the linkage

Thanks to @Angrydicky I now have some alloys for the Fenlander.

They were a little dirty, having had some orange paint splattered on them, but luckily it came off easily with some wet wipes. 

IMG_20200913_105436.thumb.jpg.b2387fdef403047c666f439ddfbeb27e.jpg

IMG_20200913_115829.thumb.jpg.53121a26fb1a3667200019cbe68642e2.jpg

IMG_20200913_120514.thumb.jpg.520327638bc992259ce25c3fc429b556.jpg

Employing the services of Junior Doctor as my back is bad. 

IMG_20200913_114605.jpg