The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

6 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Tried my hand at window tinting today... 

Let's just say, several crumpled pieces later and a slightly higher stress level and I have some nice clean non-tinted windows. 

Should have listened to @sgtberbatov... 

Place in Greenford, West London I use charges me £100 to tint b pillar back although I have the fronts done too - he does for £120. Also has lifetime warranty so if should ever start peeling/bubbles form under the film just take it straight back to him (i have never had one do that). He has done my Passat, My A6, my Prius and I was going to get the Corolla done beforeI came away but ran out of time. Also want to get the truck done. 

Trying to tint the windows yourself with the film you can buy just isn't worth the hassle vs the cost to get it done properly. I nip off and have a coffee whilst he's doing mine - Adi Tinting 

9 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Tried my hand at window tinting today... 

Let's just say, several crumpled pieces later and a slightly higher stress level and I have some nice clean non-tinted windows. 

Should have listened to @sgtberbatov... 

Mine ended up worse. Rear driver's window is now slightly flapping in the wind, and the other window is held on by good luck and fresh air.

Just add it to the list of jobs to give other people the hassle of doing this. 

23 minutes ago, gm said:

What are you up to in the Toon ? I see you’ve parked outside ‘spoons - a night on the sauce beckons, perchance ?

Staying in an apartment on the quayside. It was cheap enough... 

We are just using this as a base, going to visit relatives and have a bit of an explore. Taking the bairn to hadrians wall etc. 

10 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Staying in an apartment on the quayside. It was cheap enough... 

We are just using this as a base, going to visit relatives and have a bit of an explore. Taking the bairn to hadrians wall etc. 

Don’t dress as a phone box or a horse and the local Neanderthals should leave you be. 

14 minutes ago, paulplom said:

You couldn't have picked a worse day for it. I was working in Newcastle and it pissed down till about 2 o'clock.

It was OK, rain is part of the North East experience! We went to Keilder in the morning, Hadrian's wall in the afternoon. It dried out enough to go round the Fort, littlun had a great time. 

Off to Edinburgh today. 

11 minutes ago, djoptix said:

My views on Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicles are well known, but I have to say that without all the tat on it, that is a cool car.

Yeah, I'm starting to agree to be fair. I just want it to look/be functional and a bit 'don't mess with me', instead of 'look at me I have stuck loads of pointless tat on my car because I have the mentality of a 10 year old' (which may be true, but don't want to shout about it) 

20 hours ago, sgtberbatov said:

Ah I haven't been to Newcastle in years. It's like Kryptonite to me. Well, the women are. The men less so. 

Same.

When I worked in IT at the local university a couple of years back we had two women from the NE of England on the IT service desk and I couldn't get enough of their accents. How they ended up in Aberdeen I don't know...

3 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Same.

When I worked in IT at the local university a couple of years back we had two women from the NE of England on the IT service desk and I couldn't get enough of their accents. How they ended up in Aberdeen I don't know...

Funnily enough, I can't stand the geordie accent, it just grates on me. I don't like the sound of my own voice!

5 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Funnily enough, I can't stand the geordie accent, it just grates on me. I don't like the sound of my own voice!

I think the geordie accent is the best regional accent.  I also do not like hearing my own voice and always think it sounds really bad on recordings.