The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

34 minutes ago, Rovorsche said:

My black toe is with you blood, nobody expects to mess them own selves up.

I'm walking with a gangster limp although I havent progressed to holding my nuts like they are about to be stolen.

I thought Fan Fuses were 15/20 amps, dont use speaker wire for that :)

I used household wire, but the switch wasn't man enough. I've ordered 4mm wire and decent connections and an aircraft style switch. 

On 6/22/2020 at 8:25 PM, TheDoctor said:

I'd like to see a 70bhp 218D being used as a getaway vehicle... ?????

In the early 1990's the Taxi I used was stolen from Loughborough - D221PUK A 1600cc Diesel Ford Orion dog slow it was. Turned up in Nottinghamshire with a shotgun in it from a bank robbery getaway!

52 minutes ago, Billy - Medhurst said:

In the early 1990's the Taxi I used was stolen from Loughborough - D221PUK A 1600cc Diesel Ford Orion dog slow it was. Turned up in Nottinghamshire with a shotgun in it from a bank robbery getaway!

Laughed for the fact they used such a slow car in a bank robbery not the fact it was stolen 

You'll all be pleased to know I completed my 19 hour gaming marathon at 12am last night, it was definitely a bigger challenge than I anticipated. I'm suffering a bit today*

Total raised was £160, which is good, but not as great as I'd hoped for. 

Now I can get back to talking about real cars and not playing with digital ones & pestering people for donations ?

In other news, my finger isn't healing as well as I'd have expected, hope it isn't getting infected. 

IMG_20200628_120848.thumb.jpg.2b39130ea894bcc4e6c420f033010a2f.jpg

*The usual shit, not going to go into detail or look for sympathy. 

I need to sort the inside bit of the sunroof, as all the fluff is gradually raining down on me. Any ideas? I might either scrape it with a hoover attachment or I guess I could stick gaffa tape on it and pull off like some automotive waxing session... 

IMG_20200628_183929.thumb.jpg.1b1423520fc133ef823c708848200c68.jpg

48 minutes ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Regarding the rad fan- are you using a relay? If not then you should! That way the switch handles a tiny amount of current and you can use a nice small switch and thin wiring. 

Good practice anyway, you want to try to keep large current draw away from your fingers if you can. Just putting bigger wiring or a more hefty switch in probably isn’t the right way to resolve this. 

52 minutes ago, Rod/b said:

Good practice anyway, you want to try to keep large current draw away from your fingers if you can. Just putting bigger wiring or a more hefty switch in probably isn’t the right way to resolve this. 

Especially in a DC motor. Inrush current will be quite high until the motor spools up

29 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

IMG_20200629_154428.thumb.jpg.086146d82679f31035be83a8a0721e5f.jpg

Perfect. Your feed for the switch wouldn't necessarily have to be ignition switched either as I doubt you'd accidentally leave it on, and also make sure it's something that's fused with a nice small fuse like the cigarette lighter feed.