Jump to content

The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.


DoctorRetro

Recommended Posts

  • DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Don't cry over spilt milkshake

Having once had a pint bottle of full fat milk keel over in a car footwell, I feel your pain. 😬

it was a company car and when it’s time was up a couple of months later my neighbour wanted to buy it.  However, one of the managers pulled rank and bought it for his wife. Served him right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

Farewell old friend 😊 Glad it did you a turn and is going to someone who will give it the care I didn't have the time to provide! You did a cracking job of improving the cosmetics of this while also juggling the 309 project, kudos to you! Is the Swift proving to be about a hundred and eleventy times more refined? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

Is the Swift proving to be about a hundred and eleventy times more refined? 

Ha ha. No, the suspension is too hard, the seats are too low and the pedals are in a different place, but I'll get used to it.

Idle a bit wandery when cold and smells of petrol at idle (possibly related?), But definitely feels less likely to be a problem generally.

Front tyres on the to do list too, a bit understeery on wet roundabouts.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

Ha ha. No, the suspension is too hard, the seats are too low and the pedals are in a different place, but I'll get used to it.

Idle a bit wandery when cold and smells of petrol at idle (possibly related?), But definitely feels less likely to be a problem generally.

Front tyres on the to do list too, a bit understeery on wet roundabouts.

 

Ah, a step in the right direction then! The pedals in an AX make everything else seem strange - the French must all have hips misaligned to the left. 

I'm experiencing ancient rubber (heh) issues on the 106 too - lots of very controllable but still slightly unnerving moments on wet roundabouts. They're Mohawks, same as I had fitted on the AX (only 2) which I thought were a bit rubbish even when they were brand new. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2021 at 8:20 PM, grogee said:

Oh, fiddlesticks. My commiserations for your tragic accident - after the deep clean! FFS!

Reminds me of this incident in our kitchen from the summer. Glass bowl + jelly + 7yo = 1hr cleaning job.

IMG_20210707_184531076.jpg

With the lack of, or a different caption this photo could make you feel all sorts of unpleasant things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DoctorRetro said:

Ha ha. No, the suspension is too hard, the seats are too low and the pedals are in a different place, but I'll get used to it.

Idle a bit wandery when cold and smells of petrol at idle (possibly related?), But definitely feels less likely to be a problem generally.

Front tyres on the to do list too, a bit understeery on wet roundabouts.

 

Sounds pretty good then, I guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Cord Fourteener said:

With the lack of, or a different caption this photo could make you feel all sorts of unpleasant things

The Incident (as it is referred to in the Grogee household) made us all very unpleasant indeed. 

7yo didn't get jelly for pudding and also must have felt pretty guilty, meanwhile mum and dad clear up broken glass covered in jelly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Watch this space...

IMG20211215200417.thumb.jpg.feb241c1364d20d08a3cdff47dfdd9a2.jpg

It seems the flash on my phone does the job of blanking out the number plates 🤔

It's actually pretty good, drives well. Carb could do with a few tweaks as there's a slight cough and the idle is high, but for the age and mileage, I think it has done pretty well..

I reckon it could do with stiffer/lower springs at the front though, as it's a bit squishy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Space filled.
33 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

IMG20211215200417.thumb.jpg.feb241c1364d20d08a3cdff47dfdd9a2.jpg

It seems the flash on my phone does the job of blanking out the number plates 🤔

It's actually pretty good, drives well. Carb could do with a few tweaks as there's a slight cough and the idle is high, but for the age and mileage, I think it has done pretty well..

I reckon it could do with stiffer/lower springs at the front though, as it's a bit squishy. 

Embrace the squish.

However, you found the Swift too firm and find this too soft so I suppose making a goldilocks feel wouldn't go amiss.

I do have a spare carb for this if ever you need it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All taxed and insured, no increase in policy (except another bloody admin fee).

And just to clarify, I didn't actually buy this car, I'm sortof holding it for @yes oui si for a bit until he's ready to collect. In the meantime I'm allowed to use it, and I'll probably look at fixing/improving some bits to keep me busy.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...