The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

48 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

Farewell old friend 😊 Glad it did you a turn and is going to someone who will give it the care I didn't have the time to provide! You did a cracking job of improving the cosmetics of this while also juggling the 309 project, kudos to you! Is the Swift proving to be about a hundred and eleventy times more refined? 

29 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

Is the Swift proving to be about a hundred and eleventy times more refined? 

Ha ha. No, the suspension is too hard, the seats are too low and the pedals are in a different place, but I'll get used to it.

Idle a bit wandery when cold and smells of petrol at idle (possibly related?), But definitely feels less likely to be a problem generally.

Front tyres on the to do list too, a bit understeery on wet roundabouts.

12 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

Ha ha. No, the suspension is too hard, the seats are too low and the pedals are in a different place, but I'll get used to it.

Idle a bit wandery when cold and smells of petrol at idle (possibly related?), But definitely feels less likely to be a problem generally.

Ah, a step in the right direction then! The pedals in an AX make everything else seem strange - the French must all have hips misaligned to the left. 

I'm experiencing ancient rubber (heh) issues on the 106 too - lots of very controllable but still slightly unnerving moments on wet roundabouts. They're Mohawks, same as I had fitted on the AX (only 2) which I thought were a bit rubbish even when they were brand new. 

On 12/12/2021 at 8:20 PM, grogee said:

Oh, fiddlesticks. My commiserations for your tragic accident - after the deep clean! FFS!

Reminds me of this incident in our kitchen from the summer. Glass bowl + jelly + 7yo = 1hr cleaning job.

IMG_20210707_184531076.jpg

With the lack of, or a different caption this photo could make you feel all sorts of unpleasant things

6 hours ago, DoctorRetro said:

Sounds pretty good then, I guess. 

32 minutes ago, Cord Fourteener said:

With the lack of, or a different caption this photo could make you feel all sorts of unpleasant things

The Incident (as it is referred to in the Grogee household) made us all very unpleasant indeed. 

7yo didn't get jelly for pudding and also must have felt pretty guilty, meanwhile mum and dad clear up broken glass covered in jelly. 

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Watch this space...

IMG20211215200417.thumb.jpg.feb241c1364d20d08a3cdff47dfdd9a2.jpg

It seems the flash on my phone does the job of blanking out the number plates 🤔

It's actually pretty good, drives well. Carb could do with a few tweaks as there's a slight cough and the idle is high, but for the age and mileage, I think it has done pretty well..

I reckon it could do with stiffer/lower springs at the front though, as it's a bit squishy. 

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Space filled.
33 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

It seems the flash on my phone does the job of blanking out the number plates 🤔

It's actually pretty good, drives well. Carb could do with a few tweaks as there's a slight cough and the idle is high, but for the age and mileage, I think it has done pretty well..

I reckon it could do with stiffer/lower springs at the front though, as it's a bit squishy. 

Embrace the squish.

However, you found the Swift too firm and find this too soft so I suppose making a goldilocks feel wouldn't go amiss.

I do have a spare carb for this if ever you need it.

All taxed and insured, no increase in policy (except another bloody admin fee).

And just to clarify, I didn't actually buy this car, I'm sortof holding it for @yes oui si for a bit until he's ready to collect. In the meantime I'm allowed to use it, and I'll probably look at fixing/improving some bits to keep me busy.

It seems the flash on my phone does the job of blanking out the number plates
I have a pair of unused lowering springs for a 205 if you want them. Been stored in a damp shed so probably surface rust now. They are yours for the price of p&p

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk