The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Pooling resources
  • DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Video killed the radio star
  • DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Filter Tips?
3 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Question. 

Where in this engine bay would be best to put the 'sports' air filter for the most cold air? Down near the front bumper I presume? I realise where it is now is probably terrible. 

Screenshot_20201031_121953_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.28cb3bf5e39c6de37694011ab7fcd143.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

When you tubers have scienced cold air intakes and cone/pod filters they find their is no noticeable gain in power, or none that shows more of a change than error in the results. Certainly not noticeable.

Put your intake wherever you like and enjoy the sound.

As @Tim_E said - the gains will be minimal either way so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Down near the front bumper is a good idea - but just make sure you don't go through any big puddles....

41 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

When you tubers have scienced cold air intakes and cone/pod filters they find their is no noticeable gain in power, or none that shows more of a change than error in the results. Certainly not noticeable.

Put your intake wherever you like and enjoy the sound.

I've heard that diesels don't like the air too warm. 

40 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

I have to say, your engines look immaculate, don't know if that's the camera doing the tidying or whether you clean and polish under the bonnet...

I clean then as much as possible and wipe over with bumper gel. I find a clean engine easier to work on.