The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

So, the BX gets picked up Tuesday, it's going to another shiter, but I'll let them reveal this. 

That means 2 things. 

1. I can finally pay for my divorce. It's only been 4 1/2 years! 

2. I can replace the BX with something cheap and cheerful. And not automatic! 

Footman James have said they will insure the Rover, so that means I can get a runaround to go on my main policy - or another old car to go on the FJ policy. 

So the parameters are:

Price: Around 300 quid this month, and I'll be able to raise this figure each month, as I'll save what is left in my bank at the end of each month. 

Size: I'd like something small and Asian, but you know how these things go, I'll probably end up with something big and European ?

Condition: Nothing too broken! 

Ps. Just realised this sounds like a Tinder bio more than a car wanted post! ???

2 hours ago, 320touring said:

Good news re the divorce chief:)

Onwards and upwards!

If it were me, and the Rover is running ok, I'd wait a month and have double the budget to play with. I have seen some cheap Daihatsu Cappuccinos about!

I agree with this.

The best car in the world is the one you have.

9 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

You trust me to like a 306 that I buy off you? ??

I would actually, this is a better screwed together car with a nicer interior and it drives much better.  Also, it's faster, a manual and an estate, and low like you like them.

I could even put some steels on it for you FOC

5 hours ago, loserone said:

IMG_20200605_211633.thumb.jpg.44c7353e1a0440730b373d0b55404b60.jpgIMG_20200605_211710.thumb.jpg.063cccd7fd60e8757dff54b09405881c.jpg

A ready slammed 306 estate? Obviously it's more than £300 but I also trust you ?

If I don't win the CX, how much extra cash do I have to put in the boot of my Corolla to do a swap for this?!

36 minutes ago, sgtberbatov said:

If I don't win the CX, how much extra cash do I have to put in the boot of my Corolla to do a swap for this?!

I don't want a corolla, at all, in any circumstances.  So about a grand.  Less if it's not wrapped in a corolla.

3 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I know I said I'd wait a bit...

The BX isn't even gone and I've seen a candidate for it's space. 

Screenshot_20200612_191603_com.facebook_orca.thumb.jpg.22769b44acb53f7482d3ac039d31fd09.jpg

Screenshot_20200612_191607_com.facebook_orca.thumb.jpg.a4be0cc980404918ba81acdc90cf4cb6.jpg

Oh yeah, it's a Rover 218D 'Fenlander' 

33k from new! 

Anyone else fancy buying it and saving me from myself?! 

Haha another tractor engined R8!

As long as it's not an auto though, eh?

35 minutes ago, bramz7 said:

So we both go through cars don't we? My opinion, get something different, something new. I'm sure you had something Perodua shaped right?

Life's too short to own the same cars. Unless it's some rare spec with amazing seats, I'll make an exception for that. 

Haven't you had a few largish French cars? ?

49 minutes ago, loserone said:

Have you had a diesel 205?

That's on Dominic's 'yes list' 

49 minutes ago, loserone said:

What about a triumph Toledo?

Well above my sort of budget* unfortunately 

*By 'budget', I mean how much as a tight northerner I'm prepared to pay for any motor vehicle. ?

9 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

That's on Dominic's 'yes list' 

Well above my sort of budget* unfortunately 

*By 'budget', I mean how much as a tight northerner I'm prepared to pay for any motor vehicle. ?

I'm fairly sure that's a standard definition of the word 'budget' unless I have something very much wrong in my understanding of the word...

34 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean the difference between 'can't afford' and 'won't spend'. 

Well, I think there is an overlap.

My little old lady neighbour nearly spent her savings on a second hand Maserati Quattroporte but reasoned that running it would entirely eat her savings so she bought a new Fiat Panda 4x4 where her partner haggled the dealer down considerably.

She was already very cool in my eyes before that particular escapade.

12 hours ago, bramz7 said:

....Life's too short to own the same cars. ... 

I dunno. I can see the point of going through shite like borrowing books from the local library, but sometimes you're lucky enough to find unusual cars that are worth having long term.

My longest "keep" turned out to be 18 years.