The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

Just been out for a drive (travelling to exercise) , after putting some fuel in (5 litres of veg oil). 

Runs like a dream, gearbox is nice and precise, driving position is good, all is well. You wouldn't even know it is a diesel from inside. 

It's nice to have this, and know I've got the Rover to fall back on if I have any issues.

First problem to address is the driver's side electric window not working. May have a look later this week. Its not like I'm busy ?

2 hours ago, Macscrooge said:

As I recall the diesel autos were always something of a rarity

Generally because most people who test-drove one decided that the "somewhat leisurely" performance was a bit too slow and bought something else.  The earlier square-port 65hp XUD9 versions were hilariously slow.  The performance data went something like:

0-60 mph : Yes.

It's starting to look like a classic, for sure, all that retro space-age design and brutish individualism. Though, the dash looks almost normal!

I had it the other way round a long time ago: a very normally styled Seat Malaga (though now extinct in the UK) but it had a proper crazy dash.

24 minutes ago, SRi05 said:

That looks absolutely lovely btw, it's scrubbed up well. Please don't do anything daft to it ?

That's the reason I'm keeping the Rover, to channel my silliness ? Then I still have a nice unmolested classic to drive about in. 

BX 16v wheels are great and while I am generally a fan of original I changed my BX from doctor spec to 16v!

I guess that could be a reason for a change, if 6C likes them they must be fuddy duddy!

My dad bought this car new and it had wheel trims, but they look awful and fall off.

P1180779 broad.jpg

IMG_20190803_113942 broad.jpg

IMG_20190803_141332 broad.jpg