The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

8 hours ago, DoctorRetro said:

As for posting on here, I've lost a bit of my mojo recently, and I don't feel as welcome as I used to - probably all in my head, but I'll try to update this thread if and when something car related occurs

I don't think I've actually commented on this thread before but I've enjoyed reading it, you're definitely always welcome

Two things about the BMW. 

1. You can adjust seat width electronically! Yay. Bit late to find this out now, it's going back....

2. It's Front Wheel Drive! ( I found this out by googling, honest, not turning all driver aids off and booting it out of a junction- that would be irresponsible.

Sorted* the annoying but of rust on the rear door.

I say sorted, I sanded it back, kurusted it and hand painted with touch up paint to keep the rust at bay. I'll do it properly another day.

IMG20210717162549.thumb.jpg.3de7da4c28886d2f811164d64f7a0fc8.jpg

IMG20210717165925.thumb.jpg.b0473b4980c6ab99304335e3f52e1d76.jpg

IMG20210717170927.thumb.jpg.55b8594804f2d6f0246c7cf278946bbe.jpg

Also toying with the idea of painting the grille black, not sure if it would look wrong. Currently a noticeably different shade of red and it's annoying.

IMG20210717171127.thumb.jpg.c28481677995a18c5af8a82926e90549.jpg

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. - Touching it up

Jesus wept. I remembered I have an account over on TDW - it's an eye opener what people actually think about you. 😳

Or maybe it isn't. I'm a bodging cunt who ruins cars and is a cry baby over my mental health issues. Yeah, tell me something I don't know. 🙄 But seeing people who have been nice to you in other places call you a 'c*nt, a r*t*rd and a sp*z. Ouch.

IMG_20210717_191750.jpg

Just now, bunglebus said:

You know the saying about opinions - they're like arse holes, everyone has one, and everyone else's stinks. Don't fret too much about what a stranger thinks of you, keep doing your thing and posting about it on here

What, so TDW twats can carry on doing a mildly amusing* running commentary on my current mental state / shit car count and laugh about me? 🤣

It is something to see so many pages of hate against one person, maybe I'm actually 'famous' after all! 🤣 I just feel sorry for them if my antics are entertaining enough to talk about/ obsess over. 

46 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

Jesus wept. I remembered I have an account over on TDW - it's an eye opener what people actually think about you. 😳

Or maybe it isn't. I'm a bodging cunt who ruins cars and is a cry baby over my mental health issues. Yeah, tell me something I don't know. 🙄 But seeing people who have been nice to you in other places call you a 'c*nt, a r*t*rd and a sp*z. Ouch.

IMG_20210717_191750.jpg

just remember the phrase:

sticks and stones may break my bones,

but whips and chains excite me! but names will never hurt me!

Just now, Noel Tidybeard said:

just remember the phrase:

sticks and stones may break my bones,

but whips and chains excite me! but names will never hurt me!

Yeah, it's not worth stressing over, it's only words. I might just have to be a little careful how I phrase things, don't want to give my 'fan club' too much good material. 🙄

It's sad to see how many I thought were 'good people' turn out to be utter trash though.

Look on the bright side of life (to quote Monty Python).

I've tried to register on the TDW a few times but it seems to think that my user name (same as here), and email (again the same) is some sort of computer generated shite so refuses to accept me. 

Perhaps I've missed nothing given your experience.

2 hours ago, DoctorRetro said:

IMG_20210717_191750.jpg

Interesting to see nothing has changed since I had a brief look as a guest in the early days. The same bullshit was being spouted about Dollywobbler, Billy and others no doubt. The fact they're saying this about you says more about their own insecurities than yours fella. 

Despite the issues this place has (and our few resident trolls who are set on ignore), there's still a lot of decent content here, along with positive contributions and genuinely decent people. 

Rise above it and ignore the haters. The vast majority of people commenting on your thread on here enjoy what you post.

6 hours ago, Crackers said:

image.thumb.png.d3d7ac6b027656c50d6c900535b952d3.png

6 hours ago, Crackers said:

image.thumb.png.734fa74f6699b3eb0a2828426008bbce.png

Both options have been done by Toyota on other models of that era, so both options look “right” to my eyes.
As much as I like the black grille, the silver looks great.

1 vote for silver.