The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

6 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Ohhhh, is that the Cortina built by Nighmare's racing a few years back hiding in the corner of one of the photos? I wonder what happened to it? 

Bluey looks ace on the slotmags btw.

Yeah. It was bought by someone who had it repainted red and didn't treat it well, and I think it eventually got broken up to build other fords.

Just now, Liggle said:

Some great motors there, what happened to the 929?

It had a slight tap from the top of the engine somewhere when I sold it - I found out later that the next owner gave up and scrapped it. I'm sure it would have been easily savable. Someone I know put a Granada 2.8 in his 929. Not many left now...

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time.
On 7/6/2021 at 9:25 PM, Liggle said:

Some great motors there

Exactly what I was going to post.  Some cool rides, but not in everyone's sense of the word.  I'd love to read more about this sort of car but I'm guessing they're now firmly out of AS remit and a bit more your "Classic" sort of thing.

10 hours ago, Yank Tank said:

Exactly what I was going to post.  Some cool rides, but not in everyone's sense of the word.  I'd love to read more about this sort of car but I'm guessing they're now firmly out of AS remit and a bit more your "Classic" sort of thing.

Yup, it’s why I use AS despite not really fitting in with my own car choices. The eclectic mix of cars and owners that makes it enjoyable to revisit, DoctorRetro being a prime example

It is nice to see the marque survive however different and for Morris Garages not to join the ranks of the disappeared.

With Mini, MG, Jaguar and Land Rover the remains of BLMC are still with us

Who knows MG may still surprise us with a sports car yet.

For what it is its not bad looking and not over-styled like some of the current Japanese SUV's.

On 7/8/2021 at 10:30 PM, Kiltox said:

Would love to know what this was like. The facelift is only available on the petrol models rather than the EV. 

Absolute toilet, and that's being kind.

Rattly, uncomfortable, and very slow! 

A bit of the dash came away the first time I opened the door.

Set the cruise control at a speed and it can't handle a slight incline without losing speed.

Engine is a 3 cylinder, 1.5 litre petrol engine with no turbo assistance.

Gearbox is a standard 5 speed manual.

Reverse cameras and air con we're good. 

No base tilt adjustment available on seats, and no lumbar adjustment.

Hated every mile in it!

1 minute ago, DoctorRetro said:

Absolute toilet, and that's being kind.

Rattly, uncomfortable, and very slow! 

A bit of the dash came away the first time I opened the door.

Set the cruise control at a speed and it can't handle a slight incline without losing speed.

Engine is a 3 cylinder, 1.5 litre petrol engine with no turbo assistance.

Gearbox is a standard 5 speed manual.

Reverse cameras and air con we're good. 

No base tilt adjustment available on seats, and no lumbar adjustment.

Hated every mile in it!

Surprised at uncomfortable - not so surprised at the rest. Their petrol engines are utter toilet - I assume it was the same unit in the MG3 I had as a courtesy car and that was fucking woeful. 

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. - Metro sold

Sorry to hear you've moved that Metro on, that was a bit of an icon on here. I thought you were quite fond of it? I'm sure I'll notice it if I see it around lol.

I presume it means you're clearing the decks for something incomming? Or at least getting ready for a change? I'm always interested to see what you get.

1 hour ago, DoctorRetro said:

I know, I really loved it, but it was time.

I haven't got my eye on anything yet, just going to wait* and keep my car savings account building up. I'm sitting on 950 so far, so that's a start...

*Yeah, right.

As for posting on here, I've lost a bit of my mojo recently, and I don't feel as welcome as I used to - probably all in my head, but I'll try to update this thread if and when something car related occurs. 

The vast majority want you to stay

I've been a bit car fatigued recently too. What we need is a good show and/or some nice weather on some clear B-roads to get the old enthusiasm glands pumping again.

I'd be sad to hear any less from you - I still laugh to myself when I think of when I had to explain to my family what I was doing collecting the Fenlander... "I'm picking up a car from a guy I don't know who's not going to be there. And it's not at his house. I'm delivering it to someone I've never seen before, who I met over the internet only a few weeks ago 😂".

On 6/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, DoctorRetro said:

And that's the Polo gone this evening.

Not sure what the next chapter of things holds, but hopefully I come out of the other end unscathed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265222883903?hash=item3dc0840a3f:g:1aIAAOSwMOBg5suH 

image.thumb.png.92e5f174b8efdfcffa9f54dfaa8b318e.png

It's in Stockport now - and was taken in part exchange? That wasn't you was it, so guessing it's moved through two people already. You must be proud to see that the seller is still using your photos! 

44 minutes ago, rob88h said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265222883903?hash=item3dc0840a3f:g:1aIAAOSwMOBg5suH 

image.thumb.png.92e5f174b8efdfcffa9f54dfaa8b318e.png

It's in Stockport now - and was taken in part exchange? That wasn't you was it, so guessing it's moved through two people already. You must be proud to see that the seller is still using your photos! 

Hmm. And looks like a slight profit somewhere too, good for them. I think I made a tenner profit on it 🤣

21 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

And looks like a slight profit

Well this is eBay.., so in my experience the first few sales come to nothing because of time wasters. Then it only actually sells on the third time, by which time genuine buyers are put off by all the suspicious re-lists thinking there’s something wrong with the car and you end up with nowhere near what it “sold” for the first few times! 😂