The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

I reckon the Corsa would make it to the frozen North and back nae worries if you get the wheels balanced, although it's a long way to go with no choonz admittedly.  

Soz about the shit handbrake - living in a part of the world that's flat as a pancake that isn't something I'd picked up on...

10 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I reckon the Corsa would make it to the frozen North and back nae worries if you get the wheels balanced, although it's a long way to go with no choonz admittedly.  

Soz about the shit handbrake - living in a part of the world that's flat as a pancake that isn't something I'd picked up on...

Ha ha. It was a 200 quid banger. There could have been a list as long as my arm of faults and as long as it ran it'd have been fine. 

Mind you, there was a dribble of water on the passenger side mat the other day, as if it had come down the back of the dash. Plus there's a gurgling noise from behind the dash when you accelerate. I'd turn the radio up and ignore it but... 😂

IMG_20200925_163502.thumb.jpg.7fa98b15da517612b99a6bda2fa4c578.jpg

34 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Ha ha. It was a 200 quid banger. There could have been a list as long as my arm of faults and as long as it ran it'd have been fine. 

Mind you, there was a dribble of water on the passenger side mat the other day, as if it had come down the back of the dash. Plus there's a gurgling noise from behind the dash when you accelerate. I'd turn the radio up and ignore it but... 😂

IMG_20200925_163502.thumb.jpg.7fa98b15da517612b99a6bda2fa4c578.jpg

Water getting in from the scuttle, IMO.

Classic Corsa C issue and a bit of a carry on to properly sort. Have a look and see if it’s slathered with silicone around the heater box (I think) area.

Water leaking into the passenger footwell usually come via the BCM box (I think that's what caused the wipers to sometimes not switch off on mine). On the driver's side they leak between the bulkhead and the plate that the brake servo mounts to, PIA to seal as access it bad.......guess how I know!

My daughter corsa has exactly the same problems that I have been putting off doing:
Needs cover on the passenger side and I believe Vauxhall still sell the brake master cylinder to bulkhead gasket needed for the drivers side. Sorry I can't seem to find the part number for it but a mastic is supposedly just as good but it's a shit job to do:

ff43ef62d0e3db1dd3e42956b364d9d5.jpg

Managed to replace the strut today without much fuss, although I had to take the grinder to the top of the old strut as I had well and truly mangled it. Don't worry, I was wearing my safety* sunglasses. 

Bottom bolt came off OK, after I'd heated it a bit with my new blowtorch. 

Danger picture just for @sierraman 😜

IMG_20201003_115911.thumb.jpg.6b92daa5271b048c5b10cd2c45b07f04.jpg

Pic from a distance to compare with my old 416Si 

IMG_20201003_131004.thumb.jpg.79c65e97ac13f3773ee15c1f6d72b0d6.jpg

Screenshot_20201003_131055.thumb.jpg.2066449b20bd704fba2b0912036ebfe2.jpg

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Shocking development!

Loving the Rover. I inherited one - a 214SLi when my grandfather died. J plate in that same red with a retrofit chrome grille, then after about a month rolled it over about 3 times into a field on the way home from work in the small hours of the morning. Walked away unscathed so a definite recommendation there👍 Gutted though, unfinished business really, I'd love another.

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Incoming tat - watch this space...
8 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Collecting around 2 pm tomorrow. Insurance sorted, train ticket sorted, face mask sorted - ready to go.... 

IMG_20200923_133054.thumb.jpg.482dad4b2b7296d081ef0fac10a01798.jpg

That is absolutely terrifying. Please don't walk around with that on at night.

9 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I don't think it's worth doing a collection thread, as most people know what it is, so I'll just pop a few updates in here. 

First train is 12.06, should get me into somewhere in Croydon around 1.30ish... 

I love collections, it makes me feel I am out and about on the pull without leaving my desk!

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Live* collection mission today!