The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

1 minute ago, DoctorRetro said:

Nah, better to run it into the  ground then scrap it. WBAC saying £175, CTB saying £214.

MOT is till Jan, I'll see how long I can make it last without spending any money on it. 

It will torture you by lasting longer than a Fray Bentos pie.

7 hours ago, DoctorRetro said:

Nah, better to run it into the  ground then scrap it. WBAC saying £175, CTB saying £214.

MOT is till Jan, I'll see how long I can make it last without spending any money on it. 

Stick it on eBay/ Autotrader for £995. Given the current stupidity you will seriously walk away with that, possibly more.

At £175 I'll be asking my mate if I can stick it on his drive....

7 hours ago, DoctorRetro said:

I know which £214 I'd be having right now. That's like finding a pear in the bottom of the fruit bowl that's been there for 3 weeks and there's fruit flies crawling over it. 

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Orange glow of doom

I did the Vauxhall fix of turning on and off a few times and the light didn't reappear. I may have disturbed something earlier today when I changed* the air filter, which was filthy and looked to have never been changed since 2007. 

*bodged on an old cone filter, making the car have hilarious 'induction' noise.

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Incoming.
8 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

I'm tempted to do the whole lower half in the off-white, like a bad two tone effect....

Which reminds me @AxWomble, what is the brake cable thing in the passenger grab handle for? 

Not a bad shout, or maybe a fetching shade of beige? 

Ah, I wondered when that would come up again!  It’s a patented* remote boot release, of my own invention. The clamp/cable slack might want taking up again but if you stick your hand in the grab handle as normal and then pull down on the cable, the boot catch should release. Handy when you’ve got no central locking and you want to be opening the boot frequently or with the engine running or whatever, which had been driving me mad! 

3 hours ago, DoctorRetro said:

I'm tempted to do the whole lower half in the off-white, like a bad two tone effect....

Which reminds me @AxWomble, what is the brake cable thing in the passenger grab handle for? 

do the rear bumper then it will look period correct for when they did colour coded bumpers rather than body coloured

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time. Cough cough