The Doctor's travels through time. Fin.

DoctorRetro

Just  thought, it might be that the blend flaps or whatever Fiat call them are bust/or the heater control knob isn't attached to anything. This happens periodically in the daewoo, the bowden cable clip pops off the back of the heater knob so there is still resistance, but all the happens when you twist is is the cable sheath moves, but the actual cable does not.

Can you get to the back of the heater control knob? It might be that the heater matrix is fine, but the flap that changes where the air flows isn't working, correctly?

Sounds very much like my last Riva when I got it.  Silted up heater matrix pretty much for certain.

Take the hoses off and blast it through with a hosepipe in both directions until you've had a good stream of properly clear water coming through for a good long while.  If that doesn't do it it'll be time to start getting inventive with ways to dissolve the crud...

Given that the coolant in the car in general there was spotless I was absolutely staggered by the amount of muddy slime came out of the heater matrix.

On 2/14/2021 at 4:15 PM, Zelandeth said:

Given that the coolant in the car in general there was spotless I was absolutely staggered by the amount of muddy slime came out of the heater matrix.

Theres a possibility that crud is also stopping the matrix from leaking. Beware flushing a matrix in a car that is EOL and you're not wanting to replace the matrix in if it does leak!

35 minutes ago, SiC said:

Theres a possibility that crud is also stopping the matrix from leaking. Beware flushing a matrix in a car that is EOL and you're not wanting to replace the matrix in if it does leak!

True enough...but this is one of those cases I'd tend to think we're looking at a car with no heater to start with...you're either going to end up with a working heater...or a leaky matrix you need to spend half an hour bypassing.  Not much to lose really is there?

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Power Move

Today has been a fun day of changing brake shoes, adjuster and cylinder. 

Took a while to bleed them and the brake fluid came out looking like cappuccino 😳 Time for a fluid change I think! About to go back out and do the other side, luckily just the shoes to change on that side 

IMG_20210220_102935.thumb.jpg.ead3becb2e3aa0902dfac14ee2f30a38.jpg

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Bleeding Brakes!

Yeah, I've took my time today. 

Both sets of shoes changed. Bled and working. 

Battery cut off fitted to Punto so I can avoid whatever is draining it. 

My back is sore now. 

Pics. 

Metro hit an ominous milestone today 

IMG_20210220_150556.thumb.jpg.d6b95e113c730bb1181f88cbdf72d516.jpg

Tried the wide wheel on the front - not much rubbing. 

IMG_20210220_140049.thumb.jpg.22b0c1f5a86bd4d909ad0e439205416e.jpg

Painted front steels silver to match 

IMG_20210220_150628.thumb.jpg.a92ee176b464bb4322745cafb37877b9.jpg

IMG_20210220_150619.thumb.jpg.dcd9e2fa60b522caf138e5d18ca73fe2.jpg

• DoctorRetro changed the title to The Doctor's travels through time - Strip Club
7 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Drove all the way to Maccy Ds yesterday with no rear plate on by mistake, hence why I've jammed it in the window - just in case... 

Well, it seems to work for all those BMW/Aldi drivers who want a "clean front" to their cars...