Shiteing with Covid-19

HMC

There might Be some bargains out there over the next few weeks... if you’re brave enough to travel. As I still travel into work every day with 1500 snotty disease ridden kids who wouldn’t know what hand washing was if bit them on the arse I don’t think a car collection is going to put me at too much risk!

Probably should order more parts before they shut the post down so I have plenty to be getting on with... anyone selling any Yugo brakes callipers? 

I agree priced are going to take a battering. Purchasing will not be top of peoples list (toilet rolls and pasta will be, but not a car). Luckily I'm a buyer. Local dealer has a 170k mk8 Corolla, with dents, short ticket and no history. Pre CocaColaCorona he put it up for 375. I'm just waiting till weekend and if he is still open and zombies have not taken over the world, will be walking in with 160 quid and making a cheeky offer.

It'll not just going to be chod that's cheap soon. There's going to be plenty of people who have to make the stark choice between buying more bog roll / pasta / paying the rent/mortgage or paying the PCP on the shiny heap in the drive.

One good (or possibly bad) thing about isolation is that it does give you more time to fettle things.  Can't get dragged out shopping or to the inlaws or some other shit that you don't want to do but the cars are right there in isolation with you.

3 hours ago, brownnova said:

Probably should order more parts before they shut the post down so I have plenty to be getting on with... anyone selling any Yugo brakes callipers? 

I panic bought some rust converter last night....de crudding the underside of the Renault and 406 should keep me busy for a while.

1 hour ago, RobT said:

I panic bought some rust converter last night....de crudding the underside of the Renault and 406 should keep me busy for a while.

I may have left some Vactan Rob with you when we were working on the Senny?

If I'm laid up at home for more than just this week and the wife's work shuts down then I will probably do some car stuff. Suzuki needs rear shoes, Toyota needs front pads (I think) and both need a service. Amazon prime will be my friend for those parts - the couriers normally leave them down the side of the house as most weekdays nobody is in.

Not being paid until Friday is the only thing preventing me from getting on with the jobs now.

Very last minute dot com, but I’ll be taking an empty trailer from Milton Keynes to Plymouth, this afternoon. I’m picking up FathaN in his poorly Series 1 Land Rover off the last Roscoff to Plymouth sailing as he escapes France ( No, I don’t know why either) . Not keen on diverting too far off route, mostly because I’ll be in a 90 and I don’t really fit in it, so least time behind the wheel the better, but can drop anything off on the way.

19 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Huddersfield to Kent for a bumper.... Kin ell, you're keen, does no one transport them nowadays or people can't be arsed to package them correctly?

Is Shitely Express not running at the moment? 

Keen? Mad? It's an early 'slimline' Rover 800 front bumper and they are next to impossible to find. Not one to entrust to Shiply or others. Hopefully there will be a few other goodies to bring back with it.

14 hours ago, brownnova said:

Already done that, ordered the parts and oil etc from Amazon, GSF, MX5 parts etc. Amazingly all turned up (Or I collected locally) today. I R impressed! Expected delays, no, good effort everyone. 

If I get confined (unlikely TBH) then I'll be happy at home servicing the 205, MX5 & the Bros. Plus doing some welding & fab practice too. The only issue I forsee for me is getting the first two MoT'd as they are both due early May. Guess I need to try to book early (though that may not help).

Not planning on buying or selling anything for now anyway - depends on if the Alfa behaves itself.

1 hour ago, chompy_snake said:

Usually this behaviour starts at around 6am when stores open ?

31jr5i.jpg.3dad325038e5c295868f8655181d1681.jpg

Apparently so... I overheard a harassed-looking Spar employee this morning explaining for what was probably the umpteenth time that no, there was no toilet roll on the shelves - and there would certainly be more tomorrow, except the past few days indicated that the shelves might be full at 6am yet stripped bare by 7.20 - even with a strict 'one pack per customer' policy in place.

You heard it here first, Andrex is basically the new Bitcoin.

As mentioned earlier I went to Plymouth to collect FathaN in his sickly S1 - that has no lights !!
D0E2F5F3-60C2-47D7-8115-A26AB19445CD.thumb.jpeg.4da324c18b372ffc42f0046bd5eb4ccb.jpeg

Let,e tell you Covid19 will be a doddle compared doing a nonstop 530 miles in a fucking Defender- this one has extended seat runners and only half a bulkhead , otherwise I couldn’t even have got in it. FathaN seems happy with it, although he hasn’t driven it yet. Got home around 3, saw a few coppers, but nobody was interested in potentially dodgy Land Rover moving in the night.

F97E9DEA-5919-48CE-B93E-825D13281DB3.thumb.jpeg.4d75c5d126227a45364d83e7adfd65ac.jpeg

Home, could there be a more British scene, (postbox is hidden behind S1)  Considering how much he raves about his place in France , it’s funny how important it was to be home when the merde is approaching the fan...

Never driven a Puma enginedLand Rover before, it goes well , lots of torque and the 6 speed box means 70 is about 2250 revs, and only had to change down twice for steep hills.

Today has gone mental in the Motor factors, our trade counter guys (who are good at what they do are so busy and struggling to keep up with constant phones ringing and tons of orders. The shop side of things however is very quiet.

People have officially gone mental, 

Co op next door is pretty empty, but had milk for coffee so all is well.