Tragic news, Richard's funeral date 1st April

Tickman

Sad news. Richard was an absolute gent - helping me piece back together the Saab after it dumped all its coolant on the first pass at Crail.

We rummaged in the back of the Volvo to find anything that could make it water tight, managing to get there with judicious use of tape, cable ties and some unidentified gubbins.

His knowlwdge and willingness to help was unbounded.

World is a sadder place without him.

@reb I am so sorry to hear this. Words aren't great to express the right things at a time like this, but I hope you can take comfort from remembering all the good times and look back with pride that your Dad was so loved and respected by so many. If there is anything Six-cylinder and I can do to help, please let us know. Love and hugs to you and your family.

11 hours ago, Tayne said:

Really sorry to hear this, my condolences to Reb and the family.

The first time I met Richard was the first time I went to Crail and the last was at Shitefest18 when Richard, Supernaught and myself went out for a thrash in Nick’s Bentley.

I wondered if you had seen him since then.

I still have video of that outing, but I don't think it would be appropriate to post it...

Condolences to his family. I’ve met both him and Reb separately and never realised the connection. Richard was fantastic guy, I remember when I has having problems with my Volvo and he offered to drive to my house (about a 60 mile round trip) to lend me his diag sw. 

He’ll be missed :( 

Only met him the once (that I recall) at the northern chippy meet with the murderous seagulls.  One of those rare people where you felt you'd known him for a while even if you didn't know him at all, just a comfortable chap to be around and be yourself around.  My thoughts go out to all those whose lives he had more of an impact on than mine since I'm sure he's done more for others than make a slightly awkward social gathering that little bit easier for a total stranger like me.

Can't believe he's gone. It will take a while to sink in, I think. Deepest condolences to @reband family, and if there's anything I can do to help, just ask.

My abiding memory of Richard will be cooking noodles on the bonnet of a Cit C5, uphill, on an abandoned farm on the outskirts of Dunfermline. I'd met him a few times before that, but that was the time it clicked with me how sound a guy he was. Cheerio mate...