Tragic news, Richard's funeral date 1st April

Tickman

22 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

I don't have discord. Hope it went well? 

No need to sign up, just bung your username in, nothing much has happened so far. The discord will hopefully act as a virtual wake in the meantime while lockdown is ongoing.

The ceremony went wonderfully, it's exactly like he'd want it. Unfortunately no time for my request of Pink Floyd's Time to be played, though likely for the best.

4 hours ago, willswitchengage said:

I somehow missed this thread. I met Richard at my first SF in 2014 and got a lift to the chippy/museum in that awful Volvo automatic.

I can't see it's been posted yet so enjoy this photo of the team in merrier times.

14215030354_c0d694e66d_o.thumb.jpg.e793650b871b66232a67bda1499e68c8.jpg

I've been here a decade, and I can only name 4 people in that photo. 

Must try harder. 

• chaseracer unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 7:47 PM, reb said:

Excuse me, that awful automatic volvo is still providing sterling service some 80k+ later!

That wouldn't be this Volvo would it?

Richard was a personal friend of mine. I joined Autoshite 3 weeks after he did, 14 years ago! Very sad to hear ofthe accident, he will be greatly missed.

DSC_6792.JPG

1 hour ago, Maltelec said:

That wouldn't be this Volvo would it?

Richard was a personal friend of mine. I joined Autoshite 3 weeks after he did, 14 years ago! Very sad to hear ofthe accident, he will be greatly missed.

DSC_6792.JPG

It alas is not, the 940 left the building a number of years ago. It looks like it was last on the road in 2016/17, which is some time after we got the 854 TDI. I think the 854 was bought in 2014/15, and passed on to me in 2018 when he bought a burgundy 855. I think we had a 4 door Citroen C5 in between the two. I'd love to track down the 940, but it was in a bit of a state when it left us and values are going a bit silly.

I'm not sure how long I've been on here. I definitely remember being 17 and at a meet with him at crail and everyone from here starts asking if I wanted a shot of their various chod. Madness.

49 minutes ago, aldo135 said:

I have an awful automatic Volvo that has not moved out the driveway for 18 months or more. Reading this has reminded me how much I liked it, I am going to attempt to get it going this week. This one’s hidden child seats are in the boot @reb!

Ours has been sat on some grass for almost two months.

20200413_104825.thumb.jpg.2830b0eb00c3dae9f8c2158d1f97ac51.jpg

I'm about to take it up to the unit to figure out why this bastard coolant light is on.

20200413_111431.thumb.jpg.0d06e6edf2a34a7fc0b7502865b77181.jpg

On 4/13/2020 at 8:39 AM, reb said:

I'm not sure how long I've been on here. I definitely remember being 17 and at a meet with him at crail and everyone from here starts asking if I wanted a shot of their various chod. Madness.

And you declared the Starlet not as shit as it looked!