Tragic news, Richard's funeral date 1st April

Tickman

I'm at a loss for what to say.

My first interaction with anybody from Autoshite was at Crail in late 2015, and I got a shot of Richard's (now Reb's, I think) Volvo round the paddock area. I remember being fascinated by just how many adjustments the factory radio in it had. I was basically a complete stranger to everybody that day but got let behind the wheel anyway! Such a friendly and welcoming guy.

My deepest condolences to Reb et al.

I'm fairly new so don't really know everyone's relationships etc. I hope someone knows reb well enough personally to find the right balance between being there for him and the family and allowing suitable privacy.

I lost my Dad three years ago 01/04/17 so know exactly what they are going through. I dare say there are others on the forum who have experienced the same.

Sending all my love and thoughts to you and your family. 

What an awful day. 

Such a loss to this community and the wider world beyond. He drove down to one of our meets and offered me a cup of tea from the (spacious) living quarters of the Volvo. 

You don't forget occurances like that. A finer fellow gone on too soon. 

post-5435-0-36970200-1534019768.thumb.jpg.9bfd87b7e7115697df55d610d26e51ce.jpg

1 hour ago, twosmoke300 said:

Fuck ! What a lovely guy he was . Met him at a Shitefest in Wales and remember him fitting a tow bar to his Volvo while we all drank tea and helped / mocked . 
Sad sad news .

This was the first thing that came to my mind too when I read the original post. Shitefest 2015.

Awful news, he was a lovely guy. Condolences to Reb and the wider family.

Damn. That's shook me as that. Met him a few times at shitefests and I think the fod. I remember as someone else mentioned above him fitting a towbar to the Volvo on a Welsh field hoping the jack didn't sink or move. He finally gave in and dropped the exhaust off its hangers. I think I also had a good chat with him at bubble car museum. 

Never Knew reb was his lad but thoughts are with him. If theres a fund for a floral tribute or donation from AS please let me know. 

?

I'm not very good with words at the best of times, but my thoughts are with his family at this difficult and painful moment. I can't begin to imagine how they all are feeling. 

Tragedy can strike any of us, any time, so we should all cherish every moment with our families and friends.

Rest in peace, fellow shiter, you will be missed and remembered by both those who knew and loved you, and by those who knew of you distantly. 

Richard was a top bloke and a fountain of Volvo knowledge, and Reb is a credit to him. Met Richard a few times over the years, and he was always fascinating and talkative, you could tell he cared about all he did.
A tragic loss indeed. 

When I first read this yesterday I hadn’t put two and two together and realised just who we were talking about. Richard was a Chumley regular and with burgundy Swedish cars we more than once ended up parked next to one another. He was generous, kind, dry witted, knowledgeable and an all round top guy like everyone else has said.

He also features in my all time favourite AS photo... 

9EEF31D8-B6BC-4440-8B20-F39232AB8823.jpeg

Condolences to the family, that truly is terrible news....