dollywobbler

Dollywobbler's Consolidated Tat Thread

On 6/30/2020 at 4:11 PM, They_all_do_that_sir said:

Leftfield option, but as a motoring journo could you not blag something to review that would do the towing bit?

I know it's not what your target market tunes into but you could make in relevant, especially if it was modern shite like a great wall pickup.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

How about a tie up with a tool company/supplier? That would be pretty easy sponsorship to get into the videos without too much faff (by, say, putting a banner of theirs up on the unit’s wall behind the Sana, and by actually using the tools). Plus it would save you having to buy your own tools, and might solve a few issues along the way if they could give you bespoke tools for specific jobs on your cars, or give you something like a generator so you can kind-of have power in a far-flung unit.

Win-win? Provided you could find a company who would do that. HubNut viewers are probably a good demographic for a tool company to target though. 

Probably wouldn’t feel like selling out either, if you were actually using the tools.

Decided to farm out some work...

EcZ9y8uWkAckud4?format=jpg&name=small

Assessed for welding by a current Mitsu tech stroke 4x4 mechanic. Probably needs £200 of welding, but did confirm the steering rack is leaking, and the PAS pipes are shite generally. So, awaiting a full quote and hoping for the best. Overall, he seemed to reckon it was surprisingly good overall. Hoorah!

I feel your pain, aside from the brakes my Granvia 4x4 has been through the same sort of problens.  It landed me with a 4 figure bill for last year's MOT and that's with no welding required.  Parts are a complete nightmare to obtain so the knackered steering rack was refurbished for £300 as they couldn't get a new one.  It's still battered, rattly and drinks far too much diesel but it's a fun and useful vehicle, even if I have swapped the rear seats for a camper setup.