Dollywobbler's Consolidated Tat Thread

dollywobbler

Ugh. The day did not go well. While I was still hunting for somewhere to film the initial walkaround, the engine started missing badly and I was limping along at 20mph. Then not even that. Had to pull over on the side of a 60mph road and slap my hand down on the top of the carb to try and clear a blockage. Then it conked out again where I filmed the intro...

Could not get it to start, but managed to wriggle the fuel feed pipe from the pump so I could use it to effectively prime the carburettor by cranking the engine a little. By this time, typically, it had stopped raining and the screenwash proved to be broken...

But mostly, I ran out of time. I had to film the Panhard, then the AU Ute, then had to load up the Berlingo and hot-foot it 300-miles back to Wales. It was a very long day! I was gutted, because Panhard wipers are just so hypnotic. 

I did record a TikTok, because I'm cool and down with da kids. 

3 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Pervert,

On 26/09/2022 at 22:01, richardmorris said:

Knitting needle in a box of spark plugs description of the gear change . Ljk setright de nos jours!
it does sound like a viscious 2cv engine, though I missed the power output ( plane went over ).

0771CA17-3F5C-48F6-98D9-A886FD345144.jpeg

The wipers are excellent on that, absolutely amazing. As a way to relax after a long hard day, you just can't beat a bit of HubNut.

Something doesn't feel 100% right. It really does hate steep hills and you have to absolutely floor it to get up them. It kicks down to first, so you ease off and it changes up to second, and doesn't have the torque to pull it, so you floor it again repeat etc. You can't lock it in first, only restrict it to second, third or fourth. Does the same thing on the motorways if you hit an incline, loses momentum, kickdown to get back to 70, changes up, loses momentum...

I can't really rule out it just being because its a 59bhp 1-litre allied to a slushbox, but it doesn't feel quite right. Will have some findings in a video probably tomorrow so don't want to get too spoily.

2 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Something doesn't feel 100% right. It really does hate steep hills and you have to absolutely floor it to get up them. It kicks down to first, so you ease off and it changes up to second, and doesn't have the torque to pull it, so you floor it again repeat etc. You can't lock it in first, only restrict it to second, third or fourth. Does the same thing on the motorways if you hit an incline, loses momentum, kickdown to get back to 70, changes up, loses momentum...

I can't really rule out it just being because its a 59bhp 1-litre allied to a slushbox, but it doesn't feel quite right. Will have some findings in a video probably tomorrow so don't want to get too spoily.

I know it’s a totally different car but my 4.0 Jeep Cherokee did something similar would be fine tootling around but any kind of load steep hill, towing etc and it would just loose power and struggle, it turned out the Catalytic Converter had collapsed internally and pretty much blocked the pipe.

a new cat and 2 O2 sensors  later and it was like a different car 

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, a drill brush makes all the difference. And in the end the secret really is getting the soup back out of the seat again. Otherwise the dirt is just going to stay where it is. Thats the bit that takes time. I managed to get most junk out of carpets and seats that way though, even if it took hours. Very satisfying though!

3 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Yeah, quite a few comments suggested similar. I even have one somewhere! If there is to be a Round 2, I'll dig it out and use it. It's actually looking pretty good after Round 1.

20221016_154345.jpg

Looks like a Jeep Wrangler Sahara interior 

• 2 weeks later...

The 1007 video.

The ESP (Spanish button 😉) was fitted to PSA cars before the 1007. My 2003 307 has it. I think they were first used as standard equipment from 2001 in the 307 range. Maybe A Pug "expert" will be able to confirm/correct this.

The flashing interior lights is also a feature on my 307. Thankfully no audible warning. I have enough issues with the key in the ignition. I only need an audible for when the lights are left on.

Does your Berlingo not have the same trip computer as the 007? It is the same as my 307. Engine has to be running before you can change what is displayed. Talking of which guess where I will be on Sunday. Changing time on the Fing clock. Why could they not have done an auto change? The central display for this era of PSA is awful, hard to see in bright sun.

My Berlingo is too early for the fancy computer. Came with the next generation that came out a few months later. Only top models I think but you can nick one from a 206 or 207 and fit it I think.

Went on a 100-mile road run in the Sirion today. Great fun, even with the frustrations of a tiny-engined automatic. 

20221030_113623.thumb.jpg.a6744d668e9fb8f0f0a3d42906916df7.jpg

Burnt Oltcit will be away to a new home tomorrow, to another Oltcit licker - they exist!

That's us then down to 8 cars and a camper. Feels more manageable. 2CV lined up for an engine swap very soon.

1 hour ago, N19 said:

Will the new Sirion be a keeper? Is it intended to help with Miss HN learning, or is the Charade planned for that?

It did look remarkably rust free. Doesn’t have a happy front to my eye though.  The headlamp design makes it look very wide and the flatness of the bonnet doesn’t help. Good city car though, if you can find a flat city.