Dollywobbler's Consolidated Tat Thread

dollywobbler

A cathartic fleet reduction sounds like a sensible thing to consider.

My approach is that as long as I have one dependable car for the Mrs, then I'm comfortable (she may be about to try and break away from that and nick my new Saab off me in preference to the Civic, which has been a good car)

I think a 2022 auto cull may be a sensible choice, you've a lot on your plate with that fleet as it is.

Have you thought about an early Focus Estate as an option for the family wagon? There seem to be plenty of decent early ones still about, eg...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373822194308?hash=item57098a0284

Look after yourself DW

+1 to a car clear out.

Getting rid of the Mini this year was an incredible weight off my shoulders as it had been stripped and in the way since 2015 and I clearly wasn't going to get around to it any time soon.

Anything that isn't sentimental, valuable or nearly extinct needs to be fucked off for the sake of your mental health, a lot of members on here have a modern car somewhere in their fleet as a daily and I can definitely see why sometimes.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Am on my way to collect the car.  This is one review on the trader I'm buying from...

Screenshot_20211216-101614_Facebook.jpg.9c713ed747e961c21a6a3b3f3736d517.jpg

Encouraging eh? Company has changed name and moved in the past year. Feeling slightly concerned. I'll certainly be checking the car over properly before handing over any money! Slightly concerned I might be losing my deposit today. Let's see... (Not that I'll issue any spoilers before a video is out).

God, eyes wide open then.  It seems like there's so many fly by night characters out there. 

I went to a dealer and it was a sad experience. It turned out the car wasn't at the dealers office. It was on a bit of scrub ground where Taxis were being serviced. Massive tear in the drivers seat. One service stamp in the book and no history of a timing belt. "yea Bruv I don't think it's never been serviced, just like it's not in the book". It should have had 6 stamps and a timing belt done. Walked away rather quickly... 

Such fucking chancers. And they'd good reviews too! 

2 minutes ago, MJK 24 said:

3.0 V6 through a 4 speed torque converter when petrol is £1.45?!

If only he had a fleet of cars that included some semi economical ones, like a 2cv, Matiz, Fox, Invacar, GSA etc etc.

If Betty is manageable, this is manageable.

A big, wafty Jap auto estate that just 'works' mechanically to get to and from the unit, run errands etc, lug parts etc, isn't a terrible choice.

Yeah there are (way) more economical things, less rust prone things etc, but in terms of cars you won't have to tinker with too often mechanically, that is pretty much right up there in terms of bulletproofness.

Even though we all know it wasn't that, but the rear wiper setup was the reason he actually bought it 😂