Dollywobbler's Consolidated Tat Thread

dollywobbler

10 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Likely the car will be off the road for some time as I doubt I'll be able to get parts in the UK. 30 dollars for everything I need from an Aussie scrappy.

That's cheep - and no additional shipping costs for the spares if you import another car and put the bits inside.

Don't forget though, I did a LOT of wet weather driving in this car in New Zealand. I thrashed the arse off it at times, on hairpins and all sorts and it never just suddenly stepped out like that. 

Anyway, Fairmont is still in Lincolnshire, I'm back in Wales. A friend was in a scrapyard in Aus earlier today ripping a halfshaft out, so that should be on its way this week! It's going to be over £100 posted, but that's value given how far it has to come, and very little outlay overall.

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

The car came from NZ , why do commentators here write about Aussie tyres? Are they the original ones, fitted at the factory?

Cause I thought the car was from Oz. I don't follow Ians channel that closely, just dip in and out occasionally. 

1 hour ago, dollywobbler said:

Don't forget though, I did a LOT of wet weather driving in this car in New Zealand. I thrashed the arse off it at times, on hairpins and all sorts and it never just suddenly stepped out like that. 

Anyway, Fairmont is still in Lincolnshire, I'm back in Wales. A friend was in a scrapyard in Aus earlier today ripping a halfshaft out, so that should be on its way this week! It's going to be over £100 posted, but that's value given how far it has to come, and very little outlay overall.

So the tyres are bald now - gotcha 😂

12 hours ago, Retr0naut said:

https://gofund.me/28546944

Facebook HubNuters page has a go fund me to help with repair costs to Betty. I know your not keen on this type of thing Ian but this is an exceptional circumstance . Others just wan't to help out.🙂

Jesus wept. Is this what happens in the bright new future? 

I ran over my headphone cable the other day. Should there be a crowdfunder? Should my audience be all chucking a few bob in to fund the accident? 

Fucking Nora. Ian has my every sympathy - genuinely - but this is so peculiar. It’s not a charity, he’s a businessman. It’s one thing saying “I’ve got the bits here, I’d like to help” and something completely different to subsidise it. 

Sorry. Just how I feel. I suspect it’s just me. 

7 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

headphone cable

As we're now bestest of best mates I'll buy you one. 

Besides who still uses cable headphones you cheap cunt?. 😅😅😅

Don't sell them on here for more money though will ya if you don't like them 😆😆😆😆

5 minutes ago, Agila said:

Don't sell them on here for more money though will ya if you don't like them 😆😆😆😆

Broadcasters. Every last one of us. 😉 

I feel the need to reiterate my fondness for Ian and the effort he goes to in order to satisfy his audiences thirst for shit old car reviews. I just find it quite queer that people want to throw their money at people who haven’t asked for it and have their own. 

24 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

It isn't just you. It's a nice jesture, but bizzare.

Are we really so self centred these days that folks can't assist one another without nice gestures being considered bizarre?

If it helps, think of it as a selfish desire for more videos of Betty running around - earlier than would otherwise be the case.

6 minutes ago, Mudster said:

Are we really so self centred these days that folks can't assist one another without nice gestures being considered bizarre?

As far as I'm concerned, it is, for the reason below:

Ian has my every sympathy - genuinely - but this is so peculiar. It’s not a charity, he’s a businessman. It’s one thing saying “I’ve got the bits here, I’d like to help” and something completely different to do subsidise it. 

I feel for Ian - he's not asked for any of this and now we've got the inevitable 'yes you should/no you shouldn't' push me pull you bollocks going on. 

I guess it's an unfortunate but typical element of sharing your car exploits with the masses. 

The best thing you can probably do for Ian/Hubnut etc is watch his content, buy his merch etc. That's ultimately what pays the bills of any content creator.

It's all well meant crowdfunding, Nobody is forcing anyone to donate etc and zero offence to anyone who wishes to do so, that's their prerogative , But as others have said, it's effectively a business. It is a little strange. (Welcome to the internet i guess!). He hasn't asked for extra help, so it's probably a bit awkward receiving it.

Would you start a crowdfunder for your local garage because one of their 3 lifts was temporarily out of action?.

28 minutes ago, Fumbler said:
36 minutes ago, Mudster said:

As far as I'm concerned, it is, for the reason below:

Ian has my every sympathy - genuinely - but this is so peculiar. It’s not a charity, he’s a businessman. It’s one thing saying “I’ve got the bits here, I’d like to help” and something completely different to do subsidise it

I guess it's how his viewers feel. I just think it's a normal reaction to want to help those who have entertained  (at no personal cost) but have  suffered misfortune. 

To be fair, I suspect Ian would be more comfortable if people buy some merchandise instead.

9 hours ago, Agila said:

I've got 4 sets of free headphones from phones we have owned.  Roffle ? I'm thinking  59 tickets at 10p each?