Dollywobbler's Consolidated Tat Thread

dollywobbler

40 minutes ago, brownnova said:

There’s another only slightly further away languishing on a drive… I’m thinking buy both and see which ones best… seems a sensible plan right? 

Ideal learner car for SMOLL_brownnova in the absence of a brown Vauxhall Nova, you'll be able to give her lessons once you have bought it 🤣

In other Daewoo news, the Matiz got to the ball.

E7o5uGoX0AI1z7E?format=jpg&name=small

Angle makes it look much larger than Mr Fowler's 205, but Miss HubNut really is that tiny. 

Really pleased we chose the Matiz, even if 290 miles of battling barely any power, caravans, tourists, tractors, road blockages, horrific rain and a dangerous lack of petrol stations was not always relaxing. 

We did manage to gather all of the Daewoos together.

E7pirIvWYAIyyro?format=jpg&name=small 

I know which one I'd rather be driving back to Wales in... (both of them are going back to Wales as it happens!)

Three o' clock yesterday afternoon, we were still deep in Lincolnshire. Sadly, one of our dogs was reported unwell back in Wales, so had to can further Lincolnshire plans and hotfoot it back to Wales. 

IMG_20210801_151834.thumb.jpg.917a54424b5f46a0b3db9376091cd8e9.jpg

The Matiz is slow and uncomfortable but we had a deliciously clean route home - 245 miles pretty much flew by. 

Sadly, we lost the heater blower and heated rear window along the way, and one wheel bearing is deeply unhappy with life. 

We then hopped into the Fairmont for the 2 hour round trip to collect hounds, eventually getting home at about half eleven. 

Matiz did 46mpg going out, 50 coming back. The Fairmont resolutely sticking to 25...

4 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Any scope for an lpg conversion for Betty? Or would that just be more hassle than it's worth? 

Suspect more trouble than it's worth. I don't think I'll be covering that many miles in it, so the payback period ends up being that much longer. Plus I'd lose boot space and there are not many retailers around these parts, so I reckon I'd more often than not end up on petrol anyway.

I'll just play it like Aston Martin and use the tiny oddballs on the fleet (Cygnets) to offset the fuel guzzling Vantage-alike.

22 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Sorry to hear about Betty's bump today @dollywobblerhow did it happen? I hope she isn't too badly damaged. Glad you are OK. 

Wait, Bettys had a prang? 

What happened? Hope everyone concerned is OK, to start with - but is she going to survive? All this way be be bumped in Wales?

18 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Sorry to hear about Betty's bump today @dollywobblerhow did it happen? I hope she isn't too badly damaged. Glad you are OK. 

Yeah! opening my twitter tab and seeing those tweets was not pleasent! especially seeing that it was in betty

of all the cars It was distressing to see that it was in betty, given how much effort and expense you had just put into getting her here!

but first and foremost  im glad to hear your ok @dollywobbler and are only a bit shaken

I hope betty's damage is minimal, and I hope a replacement wheel can be sourced

those Ghia alloys I think suit her really well so I hope a replacement for the broken one can be found!

I do wonder given how many other cars have apparently spun off at that same stretch of road, where something sounds like is clearly wrong with the road surface

if you can get any reimbursement from the council?

I know you can if your car is damaged by say a large pot hole for example so I wonder if theres anything you can do here?

1 minute ago, Sham said:

Wait, Bettys had a prang? 

What happened? Hope everyone concerned is OK, to start with - but is she going to survive? All this way be be bumped in Wales?

It was in Lincolnshire somewhere, Ian was in the car on his own according to his Twitter feed and somehow spun off the road. Apparently at that spot recently 6 other cars have gone off the road as well 

1 hour ago, HarmonicCheeseburger said:

Surely cause to get some compensation from the council if Ian is willing to go that route?

The council won’t admit anything.  It’ll just open the floodgates.

There’s a piece of tarmac in a local retail park that’s absolutely lethal.  The tarmac is in some way defective as the top layer has become very polished.  There’s are bumps every day of the week where people cannot stop in time.  It’s drives ABS brakes crazy.

Hopefully new wheel, suspension arm etc will see Betty back on the Queens Highway again.