Dollywobbler's Consolidated Tat Thread

dollywobbler

On 7/11/2021 at 11:57 AM, dollywobbler said:

I still thing selling the Sana is going to be a wise move too, though whether it actually can be sold remains to be seen.

Gutted the Sana`s going, I was really hoping to see it run & drive at least once. as I suspect whatever's stopping it working will be relatively simple once found. I understand though... 

8 hours ago, maxxo said:

that's probably a bad earth within the tailgate/tailgate loom

mine did that just before the rear wiper stopped working

mine also illuminated the reg lights when unlocked as i noticed last night, just letting it get on with it now

i think the number plate lights thing is a thing* and i've seen something do it but can't remember what

*like illuminating the latch/handle

8 minutes ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

i think the number plate lights thing is a thing* and i've seen something do it but can't remember what

*like illuminating the latch/handle

it didn't do it before, just letting it do it's own thing

will sort it eventually

Ian, if you ever need any parts for Betty from over here, let me know and I will source and send them over. Great to see an Aussie car gracing UK roads. 

There is a Fairmont currently breaking close to me in Sydney https://www.picknpayless.com.au/Jollys/ProductNewDetails?Aid=603537 and parts are reasonably priced. 

LRCImage6035371623018518.398982.jpeg

Cheers

Steve

17 minutes ago, matara said:

Ian, if you ever need any parts for Betty from over here, let me know and I will source and send them over. Great to see an Aussie car gracing UK roads. 

There is a Fairmont currently breaking close to me in Sydney https://www.picknpayless.com.au/Jollys/ProductNewDetails?Aid=603537 and parts are reasonably priced. 

LRCImage6035371623018518.398982.jpeg

Cheers

Steve

Thank you! Parts are likely to be an issue. Am being warned that towing might be brave in standard form... Also find it hard even to get standard service items.

Typically that Fairmont looks a lot better than mine!

3 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Major MAJOR news.

Oh wow thats awesome! 

I am very happy for you and happy myself that you managed to import betty! 

I always thought you should have imported her home especially the car woes you where having at the time, she seemed like the perfect solution to those as a fairly dependable large family runabout that you knew yourself you would like still very much :) 

so I am very pleased to see you managed to pull it off, and I love seeing another Australian car on UK roads

iv always loved Aussie cars because they where like large American cars, but right hand drive! which I think is awesome :) 

I am very much looking forward to more content and updates on betty!

(and I hope you plan to rust proof the ever living daylights out of her!)

3 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Thank you! Parts are likely to be an issue. Am being warned that towing might be brave in standard form... Also find it hard even to get standard service items.

Could be worth talking to funeral directors about parts. There's a fair few Coleman Milne Fairlane hearses and limos still in use over here so they must know how to keep them going.

1 minute ago, Talbot said:

Except that would make another permanent member of the fleet, and I suspect fleet turnover is essential to retain viewership of the channel.

Some people are getting fed up with the churn! I do need to rationalise though, and the two in the firing line next are Fox and GSA I reckon. I thought I'd rekindled my love for the GSA, but it's just sitting in the unit and I feel no desire to get it out.

As soon as you mentioned cars you'd like to own again, I clocked the t-shirt you were wearing and immediately thought "He's bloody done it hasn't he, he's actually bought it over."

Excellent stuff, now you need to get a sticker for it that says "Funded by trolls". :D

8 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

I along with a lot of followers did not see this coming.

Should have imported some service parts  lenses etc inside the boot when shipping over. Could have saved a fortune.

While I know I should be joining in with the well dones, it just reminds me of the (first) love of my life.  After a short, intense, passionate engagement in South Africa, I imported Her at great cost only to find out she was expensive to run, had had extensive body enhancements and had considerably more miles on the clock than she claimed. 

And now we know how totally random and obscure cars like this keep getting washed up at these shores 😄

Great to see it made it over here. I assume import costs were similar to what it might have cost from Japan? Make sure to avoid any road salt in this, you'd be amazed how little rust protection Australian cars appear to have.

5 hours ago, Blake's Den said:

I especially liked the bit when you said you've now had Betty stuck on the beach in both the northern and southern hemispheres! I bet not many people can say that about their car 😂

Traction control off, rock between D and R. Works for me... even used to tell you as much in the Zodiac's handbook.

To me it just looks like a big Mondeo? Same "Edge" styling.

coleman would indeed help with bits

https://coleman-milne.co.uk/aftercare/parts-acessories/

but after coupla mins google

navara and pathfinder oil filters fit

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/384283222869?hash=item597910a355%3Ag%3AwRIAAOSwxfpg9gzl&fits=Year%3A2001|Model%3AFairmont|Make%3AFord

but easiest way is aussie ebay and cross ref all the numbers

do this for bikes and oil filter for bike 14 quid - same for honda acoord with same thread 3 quid