Dollywobbler's Consolidated Tat Thread

dollywobbler

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

Ouch...out run by a Lada Riva (measured mine at 15 after the injection conversion).  That is a tad leasurely by the standards of a modern car!

I've been trundling around in an Iveco that takes almost a minute to hit 60, so 16.7 seconds would feel positively dragster-like...

Every time I look at an Allegro 3 I am catapulted back to 1981/82 and learning to drive in a Damask Red one: MAV 766W.

Edit: is that one of the add-on electric window units you could buy from Halfords at the time?

Edit Edit: oh my goodness, I know Ian and Dawn but from a different sphere altogether.

21 hours ago, R1152 said:

Every time I look at an Allegro 3 I am catapulted back to 1981/82 and learning to drive in a Damask Red one: MAV 766W.

I had a W plate Damask red Allegro 3.  1.0L it was, slow as feck but amusing to punt around town in until one of the suspension pipes let go.

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I had a W plate Damask red Allegro 3.  1.0L it was, slow as feck but amusing to punt around town in until one of the suspension pipes let go.

This was a 1.3 HL. The driving instructor taught my father, elder brother and myself, using BMC cars: respectively an A35, an ADO16 and an Allegro, He changed this to a Pug 205 when the diesel ones came out. Sadly he passed away not long after that: he was ex-RAF and could be a bit of a martinet TBH.

Became untaxed in August 1992 according to the DVLA.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:58 AM, wuvvum said:

I've been trundling around in an Iveco that takes almost a minute to hit 60, so 16.7 seconds would feel positively dragster-like...

Oddly enough, my oul 635 took 16.7 secs to do a quarter-mile at Santa Pod, at best. Was considered very slow, because automatic. 

On 13/04/2021 at 11:42, junkyarddog said:

2 bags for a 20 year old Citroen!!!

Here in PT it's the 1.4 HDi's that fetch some serious money. I'd much rather own a 2.0

I've got to be honest, I absolutely hate these (nothing personal, it's not really not my kind of car), but, it does look utterly spectacularly comfortable. I've got to give it credit for making absolutely no sporting pretentions whatsoever, the driving position looks fantastically comfy. Waft-tastic.