Dollywobbler's Consolidated Tat Thread

dollywobbler

I would prefer to save this one if I can. Looking at it again, the main structure seems ok, so there is at least something to weld to...

Remarkably, the chap who imported it got in touch today. It came into the UK in 2007 after he drove it from Hungary to Devon in three days! So it was registered in Devon.

In other news, the Matiz underwent headlamp buffering today.

Ek8jkMXXEAAqfgM?format=jpg&name=small

That's a LOT better. It was one of those odd sessions where I didn't have my camera kit and had no plan, so I quickly recorded something on the mobile about the headlamps, then bimbled around with other things, like soaking the Oltcit's engine bay with duck oil to hopefully stop the rot getting any worse. That made me lift the bonnet on the Sana too, so I squirted more duck oil into the cylinders via the spark plug holes, left the plugs out and pulled it forward in fifth gear. It seemed to move... Need to get back with the filming gear and record that!

On 10/17/2020 at 6:11 PM, dollywobbler said:

MAF already unplugged. Did improve low down running. I can't hear a pump at the back, only the gurgling engine bay one. I'm very tempted to replace it.

Try brimming the tank if you have the funds. If it is the in tank pump it should run better until you get down to 1/2 full.

The weekend lacked great success. Utterly wiped out yesterday, so enjoyed a sofa break. Today, got the Yugo's engine turning better, but with no wiring diagram, I was having a right game trying to suss the wiring. The ignition barrel is seized, so hot wiring was the order of the day, but I was getting no power (well, 0.10v) at the ignition switch connector and trying to hot wire the starter motor achieved sod all. I have a manual on the way, with wiring diagram (cheers Mr Bickle) so hopefully I can make sense of everything. I did also refit all the relays I could find to the fuse board, but am still missing fuses (have ordered more, can't find my fuse pack). There's also a lot of chopped wiring around the engine bay, and missing connectors. Things could still get rather interesting...

Out of curiosity, I also wired up the jump pack to the Oltcit. The headlamps are working, but nothing else. Still, that's something!

ElE_DP0WMAAyHZd?format=jpg&name=small

I don't want to come across like a negative nelly, but are you not spreading yourself a bit thin across all of these vehicles?

As for the Olvisa, (trademark pending), could it not be that the car is earthed differently?

Today's action. Invacar window channel. It fell out. I've watched Zel tackling with the same job. Awaiting new rubber window channel.

IMG_20201026_122807.thumb.jpg.80a63434dd89c326754d1e2fa263030a.jpg

Fox. It's been blowing from here since it was put back on the road. Kind MOT there. But it's about time I tackled it.

IMG_20201026_122450.thumb.jpg.704a5983257c69b6f2e80b4ab6b5efee.jpg

Aye. That's a blow! Two knackered threads mean it isn't tightening up properly. Horrible to get at, which is why this job keeps getting put off...

Still not entirely sure how I'm fixing it.