'94 M reg Volvo 440 in Blurple #PeakChod

Cord Fourteener

It is car shopping eve.

I've done the important research, namely look at past live collection capers.

And found a suitable car (here's hoping I do/don't win the Gallant steed roffle)

I have a lift in a shittier car than one to be viewed sorted, a rendezvous with the seller (not autoshite member I don't think)

Buy criteria: If it's not a total shitbox and if I think it will get me to where I need to be for the next week or so while my BMW is being fettled with then it will be a buy.

Live collection caper criteria as laid out by @Jim Bell on a previous collection caper:

"Collection thread tick list.

Breakfast pic

Car pic

Petrol station pic

Woolard pic

(And for bonus points)

Pic of a dog

A pic of a car worse than the one you're collecting. "

I also believe a poo count is normally required. Does that requirement also include photo of results?

I will be travelling with a dog more than likely in a shit car. Not sure what a woolard is to take a pic though.

This thread will have the added live excitement that if when I get there and the guy is trying to sell me a nail I have to reject it and start again!

This is my first buy since being on this forum so if I go off piste feel free to shit-post. Anyway it's nearly 11 at night car-shopping-eve so I am going to get some shut-eye (as much as one can with a 10-month-old who hates sleeping) so if my cunning plan to sleep is interloped upon by said plentyn (thats wain in Scotts, bairn in North Eastern and child-faced daemon in Englandshire-ish) I'll here reading posts no doubt. See you all in a minute then.

3 minutes ago, brownnova said:

You missed... mysterious clues as to what you’re collecting... 

Good luck... don’t do anything I wouldn’t do... 

Don't worry, I'm on with the mysterious clues!

And thanks, I won't do what you wouldn't do. Looking at your list of rides I think you probably would (first clue, like it?).

3 minutes ago, DVee8 said:

The weather in the north east england is cloudy with a little rain,the road outside my house is quiet.

Hope that helps.

That does indeed improve my understanding of the weather. As I'm traveling to just the other side Wrexham it doesn't directly contribute to my mission today, but thanks for the update ??

Cup of tea #1 

20200314_072045.jpg

13 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

Woollard pic for reference; there's a whole thread somewhere about this.

Basically, it refers to the foot-up-on bumper pose often adopted by the great William Woollard on early Top Gear.

Oh and: good luck!

Thanks. I'll make sure to get the Woollard ?

Three ticks in one post:

Poo #2 in progress.

Photo of car that is (based on the assumption that the one I'm going for is not a dog) shitter than the one I'm going for.

Also, same pics, my first lift. Detail of front seat of lift with important items to make sure the car is right for me. I'm pretty sure it will be ?

20200314_084659.jpg

20200314_084652.jpg

20200314_084959.jpg

7 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

If you decide to take the scenic* route home, it is wet and windy in Aberdeenshire. HTH and good luck!

Oh, if your friend decides to roffle the dug, I will have a couple of randoms! :-)

Also, I was looking at buying a diesel Scenic. I will need some good load-carrying capacity. However car in question is way cooler.

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

Woollard pic for reference; there's a whole thread somewhere about this.

1020623828_1st001.thumb.jpg.711acf87f4eea5325a745921b93ed3ff.jpg

Basically, it refers to the foot-up-on-bumper pose often adopted by the great William Woollard on early Top Gear

William_Woollard.jpg.7c9f5ab41595386c239fd4b0c379ce9c.jpg

Nailed it @eddyramrod

I remember his Tweed, not from when it was first aired though; to young for that. 

Bum against wing, foot on bumper. Yes it's familiar.

Will do my best! 

Update: making paned #3 and brechdan selsig (third cuppa and sausage butty) while driver does family video call.

Then going to start actually driving there!

I'm surprised there aren't more guesses considering the plethora of clues I've released ?