1991 XJ40

Alex 'Wedge'

This is a car of mine that rarely sees the light of day - purely because it is that bit special to me.

Bought at just about a year old back in 1993 by my Father, this Jag has literally been part of the family for years. Put it this way, I was driven around in it by my Mum when I was younger. It took us on many lovely days out and holidays, seeing relatives, that sort of thing.

I took over the car in 2003, when Dad got a Daimler X300. This car just could not be sold.

The car is a J reg 3.2 XJ6 Auto, with virtually Sovereign spec (everything except cruise control and alloys). The colour scheme is Masons Black with Saville hide interior.

It is 100% original as it left the factory barring three modifications;

1. 1993 model year hub caps fitted (the 1991 MY ones looked awful, but we still have them).

2. Daimler rear lights and chrome trims fitted (Dad had this done in 1994) as it simply looked better than the original red rear lights (again, we still have the originals).

3. Air conditioning retrofitted to R134a gas (a necessity).

Barring that, totally original.

Hope you enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To me this car is totally irreplaceable having given so many happy trips and holds many happy memories.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

oh dear - another stiffygorgeous XJ40 - rare to find one that has been so well looked after - well done to you all for keeping her so well - I love those cars and have had 2 XJ40 Sovs, a Daimler Sov and ....he he he a Daimler Double Six - what a beast!

really nice '40!! Don't think I've ever seen that heater cum a/c arrangement before - thought it was a non a/c version at first, but the read the bit where you said you re-gassed it. Can I have a close-up pic of that?

The straightest bumpers in the XJ40 world I reckon.

Here's mine. It's just about to start a restoration. Reckon I'll use the pics you posted as a reference for the chaps doing the work.

Posted Image

Are you on XJ40.com?