Stupidity #123 - a collection

skattrd

Using an obscure formula in man maths and logic most people don't understand I decided that I need another car (in addition to the Citroen XM I bought this week) as obviously I haven't got enough and I'm "losing" one car today so obviously I "need" and have "space" for another.

Why do we do this? 
I have a feeling I might be asking myself this more than once on the journey home.

Anyway, I'm up earlyish, as usual, so I'll have a coffee before breakfast and I need to clean the car I will be using for the first part of the collection.

IMG_20200307_062808.thumb.jpg.72ddf579d07306f0f9a1c5f340b0bbbd.jpg

Ok, quick vacuum of the car and wipe down of the plasticy bits.
I'll visit one of the professional places to wash the outside of it on the way to the drop off.

IMG_20200307_070010.thumb.jpg.8922605a3e7fbf16d2e7a7ed014b01b8.jpgIMG_20200307_070110.thumb.jpg.7974092c2eb38b7475a2c9a47e1e0870.jpg

For those that frequent the modern section might be aware that I have a rental (evezy) BMW i3 electric car. I've had it for about a month and 1000 miles and today I'm returning it.

Whilst I like the electric car and get on well with the range and driving, I'm just not a fan of the BMW i3, so it's going back.
Today this is convenient as the drop off location I'm using (Wembley in that London) is approximately 2 miles from where I am collecting my new* car.

1 hour ago, skattrd said:

Ok, quick vacuum of the car and wipe down of the plasticy bits.
I'll visit one of the professional places to wash the outside of it on the way to the drop off.

For those that frequent the modern section might be aware that I have a rental (evezy) BMW i3 electric car. I've had it for about a month and 1000 miles and today I'm returning it.

Whilst I like the electric car and get on well with the range and driving, I'm just not a fan of the BMW i3, so it's going back.
Today this is convenient as the drop off location I'm using (Wembley in that London) is approximately 2 miles from where I am collecting my new* car.

What is the real world range.  Could I drive 150 miles on a cold dark December night ? 

1 hour ago, New POD said:

What is the real world range.  Could I drive 150 miles on a cold dark December night ? 

I would say no. In the wind cold and wet (like when I got the car during the gales) I'd say range is around 120 miles. In the warm and dry (yesterday for example) range would be about 180 miles. 

A quick charge for 20 mins or so at a rapid charger would add 50+ miles to the range, which is what I did on longer journeys. 

19 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Sorry to hear your not getting in with it given the ball ache you had getting it. At least you didn't lease it for 3 years then find out you don't like  it.

It wasn't horrendous , just not me. I'm glad I tried it, and a month and 1000 miles is a decent time to have a proper trial.