1989 XX 827 Vitesse

Alex 'Wedge'

Here is my 1989 Rover 827 Vitesse XX auto. Bought for just over £200 in May.

Work done to date includes a general good clean and polish, some remedial repair on the rear arches, swapping over the trip computer (due to display "bleed" on the original, fitting a new fan panel (the old one exhibited "heritage"), a service, replacement thermostat, replacement temperature sender, a balance of the wheels, one replacement tyre and that is pretty much it. I have fitted a Sterling grille (purely because I prefer the Chrome effect), and the early Mk1A style "ROVER" badge on the boot (again, personal preference as I was never a fan of the Times font one).

I intend on driving it until September, upon which time it will be made ready for some VITESSTORATION over winter, including cambelt change, and a proper job done on the rear arches and a full go over of the bodywork. I also have a replacement headlining to fit.

Hope you enjoy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That Vitesse is SUPERB ! I wonder exactly where in the "We*t Country" you are.....I have a nice reg # on a car in the We*t Country that might be ideal for one of your beasts : - B27 OJT (down near Penzance)cheers, excellent quality photos too 8)

Awe-some! :shock::o really love your collection being a big Rover/BL/Jag fan myself I would love an early Vitesse and yours is just soooo nice, I took one out (when I lived near you) back in the mid nineties and I remember thinking just how modern and smooth they were (for me anyway). Love the Wolseley wedge-just stunning, you have a very nice collection of cars that are a rare sight these days and in my opinion far more memorable than any MG/E-type/TR5.

^^^ what he said, I've always loved the look of these Rovers, can't remember the last time I saw one this age on our roads, though I do know where there is a somewhat forlorn looking silver one with that has been sat decaying in the entrance to a field for a year or two.

^^^ what he said, I've always loved the look of these Rovers, can't remember the last time I saw one this age on our roads, though I do know where there is a somewhat forlorn looking silver one with that has been sat decaying in the entrance to a field for a year or two.

I've got a pic of that one! is to go in my next spotters log.

WOW!!!!Absolutely love it. 2.7 litre V6 is certainly the one to have, and a huge improvement over the earlier 2.5. I understand even the electronics were (mostly) sorted by 89 (for a BMC).For the price of 40 pints of lager (or 10 pints if in London), you've done extraordinarily well.Enjoy it mate!