Saturday deliver and collection is go - 2 wheel content

Saabnut

About 12 to 15 years ago (cannot find the V5 at the moment to check) when I owned my classic car business, I took a DMW Deemster in part exchange. When I closed the business about 10 years ago the Deemster went into my shed, and for a couple of years it got started occasionally. As I have not ridden a bike since 2004 when two good friends and my elder brother were all killed in bike accidents in a 3 month period the Deemster fitted the "owning a bike but not riding it" bill., and I was reluctant to part with it as I have owned at least one motornike since I was 16 years old. Late last year a shiter here offered for sale a bike I had always lusted after but could not afford when current and after a bit of discussion a deal was done. As soon as everything was agreed, I had to get the DMW running as it was about 8 years since it was started. A new battery was fitted, fuel* drained and a fresh 2 stroke mix added, and amazingly it started. That was about 2 months ago.....

As I was due offshore this weekend, but it was delayed, I ended up with an unbooked weekend, what better way to spend it than driving a round trip of 700 miles. So today, the DMW was started and wheeled out of the shed and ridden to the house, only a 100m or so but my first ride in 16 years!

869096071_IMG_01141.thumb.JPG.f5f9979d78766386e2fb33a04ef0bb83.JPG

969408766_IMG_01151.thumb.JPG.caf64cfc147944f2d80e20c838ea73a9.JPG

That is the first time out of the shed in about 10 years! The side panels are in the car to prevent loss of damage and they totally change the look of the bike when fitted, but I will let the new owner post pictures of it complete. Buoyed by my success riding round to the house, I then rode it on to the trailer and lashed it down ready for its journey

376274659_IMG_01182.thumb.JPG.fb627393aa8219a26efbabd741a713e2.JPG

Thread to be updated tomorrow if I get chance, but expect it to be dark when I leave in the morning hence the post tonight.

Back home safe and sound, but I am knackered! Just one more derv stop at Dundee, and have most of a full tank left (I left with an empty tank). Sat Nav said 354 miles each way, car odo agreed with 708 miles clocked up at 35.2mpg. Bare in mind this was an AS Bargain Banger (tm) from @cpjitservices which has now clocked nearly 6k miles in my ownership.

Pleasure to meet the legend and true gentleman that is @Cavcraft. Off to bed now, more tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Saabnut said:

Back home safe and sound, but I am knackered! Just one more derv stop at Dundee, and have most of a full tank left (I left with an empty tank). Sat Nav said 354 miles each way, car odo agreed with 708 miles clocked up at 35.2mpg. Bare in mind this was an AS Bargain Banger (tm) from @cpjitservices which has now clocked nearly 6k miles in my ownership.

Pleasure to meet the legend and true gentleman that is @Cavcraft. Off to bed now, more tomorrow.

Im glad your racking up the miles, I did too....its one of those cars you jump in and dont even thik about any issues and it gets the job done!! Its an outstanding motor! I miss it ... a lot. I have never had such a dependable car - and it was good on fuel, carried us all and went like stink :)

Id gladly have another!

Ive got the 93 which I am using the 95 as a benchmark - I will make this one just as good!

I am glad it is doing you a good service!